Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoopa is one of the best In attack but his defence seems suspect. Could be effected by Montoya though...
He is good in attack. But it’s a few of them not defending not only Montoya. We’re a basket case on our right side can’t believe we all seen this at the beginning of the year and we’re still no better. Actually it was there last year as well. But Then Pay hasn’t altered that side to correct our weakness.oppostion teams are having a party attacking that side each week.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are comparing nsw cup and first grade stats and saying the ressies are no better... do you seriously see no problem in that?? And you say he is defensively on par with other wingers based on stats when we all know he isn’t as good a defender as most wingers. And have you forgotten about his attack? He should be dropped for his attack, the kid is dumb.
Can only compare what is available and I have already said that in terms of attack he offers nothing. So, if a player has worse defensive stats in the reggies than a similar player in FG than somehow that translates for you into the reggies player being better? Not sure how you got there. Perhaps you might like to re-read what I wrote before having a crack.

Just to be clear, my view is montoya needs a rest. He just isn't offering enough to justify his position in both attack and defence. The problem though is that we are not going to get a better defensive option from among the existing reggies players. We may get some improvement in attack but it would appear that defensively we are on a hiding to nothing.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya and Hopoate appear to be the defensive whipping boys. Maybe they are.
But what are the edge forwards doing? Are they all in the middle?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Seems like most wingers miss 3/10 tackles. Not surprising I guess when teams are playing for overlaps and the winger gets caught short. Still watching what Nightingale does wouldn't hurt though. He seems the best at it and I think he has Lafai inside him who isn't known for his defensive reads.
Yeah for sure, I like Nightingale. Such an underrated player.
Montoya and Hopoate appear to be the defensive whipping boys. Maybe they are.
But what are the edge forwards doing? Are they all in the middle?
there is something wrong there before it gets to Montoya

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya has let too many tries in this season, you mark your opposite and he constantly comes in off his wing, and he's too slow to be a winger. After letting in the 2 tries against the eel's he has to be dropped but I bet he's in the starting side again this week and I think Holland proved he's an impact player so keep him on the bench, give Olive a go he couldn't be any worse than Montoya.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you say during the week that you cant let your opposite get on the outside because you cant match him for speed then proceed to let him on the outside multiple times you deserve to be dropped

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis Smith needs to come in for Montoya. He is the fastest at the club over the 100m and his pace off the mark is coming back since his bad injury. Has been in good form in ISP, makes a lot metres coming out of our end and has quick play the balls. Big, tall, athletic and fast which is exactly what we need at the moment. His defence is getting better but let’s face it you can’t get any worse than what’s been happening. Worth a try I think.
Well said totally agree

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll go as far as to say he is one of the worst wingers in the comp. Both defence and attack.

I know you cannot only blame the winger but its got to the stage that I back the opposition left winger to score a couple of tries a game.

The amount of times the opposition kick the ball over the top and he is never looking at the ball. A couple of weeks ago it him in the back because he was not keeping his eye on the ball.

Everything he does seems to be in panic mode. Nothing looks calm.

Would love to see John Olive get his chance. Even Reimis Smith would be an upgrade.

From what I have seen from Pay this season he is very similar to Des in that it takes a lot to drop someone.

Malla

Reaction score
I have mentioned that Hoppa a foran should take the blame as much as Montoya but for some reason people just blame Montoya.
Its Montoya.

Parra's first try Hoppa had Tak covered and for whatever reason Montoya pushes in to help and Tak still got an offload away leaving Bevan open lol

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Montoya is a little fucking bitch skips around like a duck on a hot plate little fucking useless **** he is

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
It’s time he has to go he is shit every week can not read the play
20 tries on his side time to go

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He pisses me off every fucking week he is dumb as dog shit I just ffs pay open your eyes and see this fucking twits defence and soft cock running

Status
Not open for further replies.