Manly On The Hunt For Cordner And Klemmer (RLW Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toovey must be wondering why he didnt have the same salary cap

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope the dogs are already one step ahead of Manly and have been planning Klemmers contract extension. I would be gutted if he leaves.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres no way that Manly could fit in rep players entering the prime of their careers all at once.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do Manly run a fantasy NRL team? Even then you couldn't fit their team in..

I don't think Klemmer will be going anywhere. Nor Cordner.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's distressing seeing articles of favorite players being chased by other clubs. However if you think of the number of players and news articles linked to the dogs over the last 2 years which didn't happen, odds are this is a loaf of crap or their managers getting the jump on negotiations.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmr is bulldogs thru and thru, I trust that he won't be going anywhere

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone must have done some seriously hard drugs before they wrote that piece of tabloid rubbish..

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure there was an article in the Telecrap saying "Des and Bozos truce over player poaching". In it they said they had resurrected a 30 year old pact between the Bulldogs and Manly over the poaching of each others players. Who knows, personally I think this article is a LOAD but we will wait and see.

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i also think this article is BS and brought out just to sell RLW.
first of all the bulldogs and manly have resurrected a 30 year old deal not to poach each others players. the deal was first done by Arthurson and Peter Moore.

The sea eagles will not outbid the roosters as the roosters also have an unlimited salary cap.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, Manly players don't stay in Manly for a reason.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone must have done some seriously hard drugs before they wrote that piece of tabloid rubbish..
Journalist/professional internet troll Rothfield said on Twitter last night that Manly were looking at bringing in a Test forward by 2017. Someone replied saying "I'm hearing it's Klemmer" and he shot them down with a simple "No."

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the total value of the players Manly have bought this season? When you include the retention of the Turbo brothers, I struggle to see how they could afford either Klemmer or Cordner. They are also future leaders at their current clubs and I can't imagine either leaving

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RLW never reveal sources .. They should be permabanned

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can not see this happening, the loss of Franky and hodko along with alot of fringe first graders and buying practically nobody was always to extend players like klem, jacko and lane

Malla

Reaction score
This was all started by The Lurker - he tweeted the other day that Manly 'maybe' after Klemmer. This article has no sources, no direct quotes from anyone from Manly or Bulldogs and no name to it. Just another BS column and we all know that everything from the Lurker is made up.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer and Jackson will simply get what they are on now plus some of Eastwood and Trex's money... The contract timing is perfect

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Teams are always chasing players from other teams, its all part of the game. No big deal. Klemmer being chased is a given since hes young and talented. Not sure how manly could fit them under the cap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.