Maitua Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Reni by openly stating he pushed his arm, that is still considered assault (that's just the way the law system works - any contact regardless if it is considered to be minor or not, is still deemed to be assault.... If it was in self-defence then Maitua would have a case.
yeah true. it's great when you realise that the PC nature of the World means this is an assault. If the guy who killed that kid in the Cross got 4 or 5 years then Reni will receive a gift.

Also, if a chihuahua barks at you and you feel threatened then you can force the owner of the chihuahua to register it as a dangerous dog.

N

Natboy

Unfortunately for Reni by openly stating he pushed his arm, that is still considered assault (that's just the way the law system works - any contact regardless if it is considered to be minor or not, is still deemed to be assault.... even though that in my opinion is plain stupid. If it was in self-defence then Maitua would have a case.
His solicitor would be shaking his head at that statement but hopefully if he is guilty he will plead guilty unlike all of the other gutless cowards like Ferguson, Stewart etc

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Ok. I called for him to be dropped, but after reading/hearing that it was for an arm push - I retract my statement.

If everyone who pushes someone's arm gets charged with common assault, or if the common assault law is enforced every time 'unwanted contact' is made, then there would be no one left in Australia who does not have a criminal record.

It is a non-event that has been blown out of proportion due to Reni's social status. What crap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is just a case of someone trying get there minute of fame by saying a nrl player did this to me. Cant wait to see the footage, ohh wait whats the bet this taxi wont have a camera fitted or it not opperational??

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead set charged with assault for pushing someone's arm. It is a sad world we live in now >:(

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
it's not like he scared the shit out of his mrs and damaged property before stalking her and leading police on an illegal chase whilst drunk

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's not like he scared the shit out of his mrs and damaged property before stalking her and leading police on an illegal chase whilst drunk
I'm sure the media will find a way for this to be worse.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure the media will find a way for this to be worse.
of course they will try and milk it.

The worst thing is some supporters are quick to jump in as well before knowing anything. Theywhinge about the media and how they make shit up and then believe every word they hear fmd

melbournian dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
You farken serious Reni?? piss off man, you think our club hasn't been in enough shite over the years??

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
It is ironic that after this incident broke out with Maitua I had 2 knights fans from work text me...then 2 minutes later the incident with Russell Packer broke out.

lol some speak too soon, especially when what's in their own yard is far worse.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh any sort of negative attention towards our club isn't good attention whether its something so minor or on the opposite end, our players shouldn't be in that situation.

It is disappointing to read. And what makes it worse is Reni's history and perception.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh any sort of negative attention towards our club isn't good attention whether its something so minor or on the opposite end, our players shouldn't be in that situation.

It is disappointing to read. And what makes it worse is Reni's history and perception.
Exactly right, a fact alot of people on here cant seem to grasp. Arm push or not, he should have kept his hands to himself, that's how shit starts in the first place. What if the cabbie wanted to escalate it and start throwing punches. No doubt Reni would have done the same. Also, he should not have put himself in that situation in the first place.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think it all depends on how hard was the push, the reason behind the push, the intent to hurt the person with the push and did the guy deserve to be pushed

i would like a re-enactment to be shown on the news

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Nice to see an apology and all ... but I'm waiting for CCTV.

Barba burned out my trust.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
It is ironic that after this incident broke out with Maitua I had 2 knights fans from work text me...then 2 minutes later the incident with Russell Packer broke out.

lol some speak too soon, especially when what's in their own yard is far worse.
What did Russell Packer do? Havn't heard anything about that yet.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FWIW Reni's an idiot putting himself in the situation he got into. Remember this is HIS side to the story, and there are always two sides.
Actually there is 3, his side, there side and the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.