Opinion Mahoney

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone been worried watching his form this season? His service is still absolutely first class but his decision making has been awful compared to last season and his running game non existent. Defensively he hasn't been as good either. He's still a good hooker but he isn't looking like the top tier hooker I thought we'd be getting.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Has anyone been worried watching his form this season? His service is still absolutely first class but his decision making has been awful compared to last season and his running game non existent. Defensively he hasn't been as good either. He's still a good hooker but he isn't looking like the tier hooker I thought we'd be getting.
He's got chubby... I have mentioned this a few times in non bulldog game threads. His support play and effort off the ball has declined as a result.

I find his form quite odd, given Ennis is helping him and he was very vocal about Flanagan allowing him to play to his strengths and Hasler shackling him for his game plan. I really hope Arthur is the real issue here and just making him play to the halves regardless of what he sees.

Either way a massive pre season to drop some fat could do him a world of good.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm really worried that this may have backfired on us seeing his current form as of late.

Malla

Reaction score
Didn’t he have a shoulder reco end of last year and missed a lot of the pre season? Anyway, he’s still been good this year. Parra have bigger issues than Mahoney. Their forwards have been woeful this season. Arthur has to be to blame. Chops and changes the team too much .

Malla

Reaction score
But JMK is playing so much better because he’s running a little more. Our attack seems more free flowing since Baz fucked off and that makes JMK look better. His service is still average

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t he have a shoulder reco end of last year and missed a lot of the pre season? Anyway, he’s still been good this year. Parra have bigger issues than Mahoney. Their forwards have been woeful this season. Arthur has to be to blame. Chops and changes the team too much .
Agree. I really think a better coach than Arthur could have made a GF and potentially won it with the team he had in 2020/21.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s a gun. Don’t stresss.
Like I said he's still a good hooker but he isn't playing like a gun this season, wouldn't have him anywhere near the top 5 hookers right now.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said he's still a good hooker but he isn't playing like a gun this season, wouldn't have him anywhere near the top 5 hookers right now.
He’s tanking so Parra don’t win shit. He can play like a busted this season. Once he comes home next season he’ll be a gun. Big pre season, he’ll be right.