Mahoney In Presser

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've never booed us but I understand why others do in these circumstances. We're not a club that boos our players often unlike other shitty fanbases. We almost never do.

But a 66-0 loss at home in a game that was 14th vs 15th deserves that type of reaction. Especially after this season and the last 8 years..

And if Reed and the players don't like it? Don't say anything and play harder. That's all the fans want. Losing is one thing. Quitting and giving up is another.
I understand the frustration, but I don't get the booing. I don't even get booing the opposition (unless provoked, or QLD).
Barking at the Ref, yeah i get that, but booing your own team...... I think that crosses a line. It's your team.

Think of the word "support". By booing are we supporting? To me it feels like booing your own kids when they get flogged on the weekend. That's how I feel about the team. Part of the family.

I understand people are unhappy, sick of the team losing, getting spanked. Yes vent to your mates. Booing and slagging the team as they come off, that's not support.

I don't want to give excuses but I watched the game and the first three tries were through the new half + oki being slack in cover and putting the oustside defender under pressure. Alomoti wasn't good either. Three players with limited experience. The right had side defence had no confidence. I noticed Burton got pushed out on the right in the second half. Once teams get a roll on, no ball and fatigue sets in its going to blow out.

The first half of the season, the team looked better than previous years. The past three or 4 weeks has been ordinary.

What Reed said in the press conference, as captain, he is trying to defend his team mates. Not sure it was time for an honesty session about some of his team mates with the press. I understand what he is saying. Be on our side, stick with us through the crap.