News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what year are you talking about?
Is it the last 7 years?
Preston, king, kiraz , burns, from this year alone.
I can go on but fuck that
King, Kiraz and burns were better last year.

They have progressively become underwhelming as this season has gone on.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
King, Kiraz and burns were better last year.

They have progressively become underwhelming as this season has gone on.
I don’t think so king was the only one doing anything while everyone was injured. Kiraz was leading Dally M before his injury, Burns best game ever was this year, then he got injured.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their Prop rotation next year

Lindsay Collins, Luke Thompson, Spencer Leniu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Terrell May, Nathan Brown.

Meanwhile we will be running

Max King, Liam Knight, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Chris Patolo, Kurtis Morrin, Sam Hughes.

The haves and the have nots
Can see it from a mile away Thompson will miraculously be injury free the second he joins them till he retires. Looking at our pack though hopefully King gets back to 100%, Taukeiaho is a gamble and a half rest we haven’t seen enough of. Has to be a signing or two over the off season.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs prop Luke Thompson is reportedly keen on joining the Roosters after an injury ravaged run at the club.

Thompson is on a contract worth $800,000-a-season at the Bulldogs but could join the Tricolours for less in a major coup for the club after releasing Matt Lodge to Manly and Fletcher Baker's decision to sign with Brisbane.

Nine's NRL reporter Danny Weidler revealed the Englishman's rumoured move.

"It's an interesting one, and this will probably get people scratching their head a little bit but Luke Thompson is telling people he would like to play for the Roosters for less," he told Nine's 100% Footy.

"We've heard that story before. There's been an approach that Thompson would like to go to the Roosters and he's got an association with (incoming assistant coach) Justin Holbrook

"I think there's a couple of other clubs that would like Luke Thompson. I don't know whether (Phil Gould's) Dogs are still in with a chance of keeping him or if they even want him, I don't know.

"I do know that Luke Thompson has been linked (to the Roosters), there was an approach to Nick Politis, the chairman of the Roosters. It'll be interesting to see if that goes through. I don't know how they fit him into the cap though."

Gould, the Bulldogs general manager, was asked whether he thinks the Roosters could fit him in their salary cap and gave a sly response.

"Yeah they can fit him in, they fit everyone in," he said.

Weidler also revealed that Connor Watson is likely to stay at the Roosters on a two-year contract despite Gould expressing his keen interest in the utility to join the Bulldogs.
If true make him walk there, better still djdeep you can drive him there, he's already cost us too much :laughing:

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus at 4pm on Sunday...

PS I love this GIF, you can feel his anger lol
That man was having one helluva day :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I Unfortunately for Gus there’s still presentation next week so they have to see his face one more time. If I was Ciro I would be on a drinking binge after next week:tearsofjoy:

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keep an ear out on Jamayne BROWN from Nth Qld. , heard his name pop up as in discussions.

Is a prop

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion, this guy was a bigger bust than T-Rex.
Overrated and no heart, from what I’ve seen for the last 3-4 years.
Trex offered 100 times more than Thommo. The problem with Trex is had the ability to be so much more just never met his potential, Thommo is just fkn rubbish