News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what’s a fringe first grader going to do behind a pack doing fuck all?

get your hopes down kid. he’ll be lucky to even play on bench come Round 1 next year.
Add some spark that’s what. I won’t let comments get my hopes down when they are up, and I’m looking forward to it. Come at me when he fails, but until then I will keep talking him up !!

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately we did not see the best of Luke. Best of luck in the future for the lad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Add some spark that’s what. I won’t let comments get my hopes down when they are up, and I’m looking forward to it. Come at me when he fails, but until then I will keep talking him up !!
Good for you Scooby. I'm hoping the same with Xerri.. that he can bring some consistently good f/g type performances and play tough as well.
We won't know what they can bring until they get out on the field for us.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs prop Luke Thompson is reportedly keen on joining the Roosters after an injury ravaged run at the club.

Thompson is on a contract worth $800,000-a-season at the Bulldogs but could join the Tricolours for less in a major coup for the club after releasing Matt Lodge to Manly and Fletcher Baker's decision to sign with Brisbane.

Nine's NRL reporter Danny Weidler revealed the Englishman's rumoured move.

"It's an interesting one, and this will probably get people scratching their head a little bit but Luke Thompson is telling people he would like to play for the Roosters for less," he told Nine's 100% Footy.

"We've heard that story before. There's been an approach that Thompson would like to go to the Roosters and he's got an association with (incoming assistant coach) Justin Holbrook

"I think there's a couple of other clubs that would like Luke Thompson. I don't know whether (Phil Gould's) Dogs are still in with a chance of keeping him or if they even want him, I don't know.

"I do know that Luke Thompson has been linked (to the Roosters), there was an approach to Nick Politis, the chairman of the Roosters. It'll be interesting to see if that goes through. I don't know how they fit him into the cap though."

Gould, the Bulldogs general manager, was asked whether he thinks the Roosters could fit him in their salary cap and gave a sly response.

"Yeah they can fit him in, they fit everyone in," he said.

Weidler also revealed that Connor Watson is likely to stay at the Roosters on a two-year contract despite Gould expressing his keen interest in the utility to join the Bulldogs.
Good riddance f'ing useless turd, another sponge gone!!

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything from him since returning that he’s worth keeping. Offer 300 purely for the fact that we have no props. If he walks then let him go. Sipley from manly outplayed him on the weekend and is probably on less than 400k. There’s players for better value out there we just have to find them, probably a lot of players available that we aren’t aware off because they aren’t off contract but clubs at top will need to shed players to sign and upgrade others.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL should implement a rule that you can’t take unders to go to a club unless that club finishes in the top 4 or top 2? Slightly flawed idea but the roosters are in 10th and were sitting in 13th or so a couple of weeks back. Good way to remove this concept of taking unders to go to a top club. It’s pretty much only the roosters that players will take unders to go to [emoji23] they will probably (hopefully) not make the 8

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to weed out the turds and frauds - I have no issue with Thompson going, I don’t want us chasing clowns like this disrespecting the club, he can fu<k right off to Bondi. It’s disgraceful that a club who stood by this guy through his many injuries and that’s our thanks… similar to RFM, we stuck by this guy through some sh!t times and made him Club Captain and his response is “we’re training too hard” as opposed to leading by example.

Our job now is cleaning out the rot.. we can’t progressively move forward until this happens and we fill the void with NRL standard players and competitors.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After those who aren't upto the task are gone we need a some army drill instructor work not this pre season 2023 crap.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Getting dominated every week and these soft cocks complaining about training too hard. We need some real forwards not these bitches.
Serious question for a sec.
Have you thought about playing?
You’re Samoan so you must have some size and power.
And sometimes you go crazy randomly which is exactly what we need.
What’s your footy background ?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ct has robbed us blind for good coin. “If” he wants to go elsewhere for less and not play here for less out of guilt, then I don’t wish him luck, and as bad as it sounds, would probably have a chuckle if he cops another 9 Month sideline stint.

I’m over these cts shitting on our emblem. Started with Mason and SBW

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes.

This may be unpopular opinion - but I hope we match the roosters offer on the table and he sticks with us. He owes us. He can be devastating at his best. Remember the sharks game
10:15 for a taste

We are short on props. If he can have some luck with injuries, hes valuable. I think we need him
I like this
Did we win the game? It was against a front row of Rudolph and Aaron Woods
You would assume a world recognised representative forward, in his best game for the club to have dragged us to victory?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The biggest issue for me is that he wants to go to the goosters for less. Any man of reasonable integrity after the 4 years he's had would want to stay at the Dogs for less.

Irrespective of whether he's good or not for them (if he goes, I hope he tanks), his character is not the kind we want to keep. I want players that love the club at the club I love.

At his best he would be a good 13 for us for a year or 2, if he wants to be part of our club, feels gratitude and obligation for the $3.2M for what amounted to a handful of games and goodness knows what his rehabs have cost us.
Yep exactly like Jamal Idris. Stood by him while the club paid for expensive medical bills (eye sight I think?) then Idris promptly left. Even more so with Thompson. He owes a lot to the Dogs (time out due suspensions, personal issues, trips to Uk, somehow got his partner out here during COVID, foot injury etc). If he’s staying in NRL, he should deliver some return on Dogs investment…..perhaps the Dogs are letting him go though?