News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
His willing to take a pay cut, mate I don't think you have a choice where ever you go. Roosters aren't going more than 400k even if they had cap space. We are desperate for props I wouldn't even go that much.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Matt Doorey levels this bloke. Look how Doorey is going at the Eels. Bye bye

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won’t be for less. It’s the Roosters!! Half his income will be salary cap money, the other half, brown paper bags, cars and gold bullion.
Ha! No one giving Thommo brown paper bags. Begging through the media to get contract with the roosters and saying he will take less. Fkn desperate ****. Roosters have young fellas on minimum who are ten times better than this idiot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares? He was disappointing with us, we don't want to keep him and he'll likely be the same player with the Roosters or another club. Good luck to him when he leaves. He doesn't owe us anything and we don't owe him anything. Move on. Why people are upset about this when 99% of people don't want to keep him, even on a cheap deal, is anyone's guess..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thommos prime was pre NRL. He has come over here and flopped like Sam Tomkins. Not up to NRL standard and I doubt the roosters sign him
I doubt it to, sounds like one of those rumours managers drop when they’re trying to negotiate for more money to frighten a club into paying a bit more …

If the Roosters did happen to sign Thompson after picking up Lenui and Young and not moving anyone on, it shows what a mockery this game really is … and if he signed with them for less it shows what a mug he really is.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes.

This may be unpopular opinion - but I hope we match the roosters offer on the table and he sticks with us. He owes us. He can be devastating at his best. Remember the sharks game
10:15 for a taste

We are short on props. If he can have some luck with injuries, hes valuable. I think we need him
I always thought you were an idiot. I no longer think it.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reduced contract with uncle nicks personal delivery in a Uber eats bag every game he plays. See you dickhead.