News Luke Thompson injury

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we remove him from the top 30 since he hasn't played a game for us yet this season I wonder ?

Tanner is outside the top 30 so we must be getting exemption from the NRL. How bad is it having to get that by round f..king 1.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know it's easy to say now but I couldn't believe we didn't pass him onto the Tigers when they were interested....

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping this year that Thommo would have a good season. Sad for the bloke but hasn’t really offered a lot, trial form was okay but TBH he is replaceable by any NRL standard prop. Too small for the NRL but still a protected species in here.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on he had 3 years to kill it and now this injury is unfortunate but if he had done well he'd have credit in the back to look back on his good work.
You’re right bro, injury is unfortunate but his performances have been well below par. He is not a forward leader, poor defence, not enough metres and too small to be a prop in the NRL

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope haas wants out soon

Fonau Blake back to Sydney

Maybe tapine cracks it with Ricky lol

Big nelson says union sucks and beats the shit out of Bellamy lol.

That fotunika for titans wants out from bench role maybe ffs someone quality urgently please

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope haas wants out soon

Fonau Blake back to Sydney

Maybe tapine cracks it with Ricky lol

Big nelson says union sucks and beats the shit out of Bellamy lol.

That fotunika for titans wants out from bench role maybe ffs someone quality urgently please
I loved AFB man and was cut we didn’t have a shot and he went to warriors

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question, if he were to be released. Will that create more cap room or will we forfiet his salary for the season?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question, if he were to be released. Will that create more cap room or will we forfiet his salary for the season?
It won't happen. We already have 650k of cap space right now anyway..

If you release a player this early, you've already paid probably 20% of their deal as they get paid from the start of preseason training.... The rest would stay on the cap even if released unless picked up from another club for this season. Which wouldn't happen when he'll miss the season through injury and he's off contract next year anyway.

Unfortunately it's just dead cap space and a lost roster spot while Thompson recovers and rehabs. It's just shit luck for the player and club and there's not much you can do about it..

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It won't happen. And we already have 650k of cap space right now..

But if you release a player this early you've already paid probably 20% of their deal as they get paid from the start of preseason training.... The rest would have to be paid out and would stay on the cap unless picked up from another club for this season. Which wouldn't happen when he'll miss the season through injury and he's off contract next year anyway.

Unfortunately it's just dead cap space and a lost roster spot while Thompson recovers and rehabs. It's just shit luck all around and not much you can do about it..
We could’ve used that money to re sign Vaughn lol.. I just don’t get wtf Gus is doing leaving us this short

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We could’ve used that money to re sign Vaughn lol.. I just don’t get wtf Gus is doing leaving us this short
I think most of us wanted Vaughan to stay but he would have been offered way more with Warrington with more years on the deal.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@Actros what’s Thommos plans for next year?
He will not be short of options !
He’s a bulldog fan through and through, loves the club and fans even more so now it’s getting its act together, loves Australia, loves playing in the NRL
Feel so sorry for the lad, I’m beginning to think the Bulldogs are cursed !, I believe his family are there too at present to watch the first game !!!! Very sad
He’s trained the house down, was the fittest and fastest he’s every been in his entire career, I thought he played well in the the two trial games so far, he would have ripped it up this year guaranteed, he,ll be back sooner rather than later because he will do whatever it takes