Luke lewis not contracted for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
In a story on sports tonight on channel twn they just stated that Luke lewis never put pen to paper. Apparently an error by Souths management.

lol Souths

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My mate who goes for Souths told me that. But he said it was just because players can't officially sign for their new club til Round 13 or something. Had no idea what he was on about but it doesn't sound good for Souths if true.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Lewis might retire and concentrate on his poker career
he considers himself a bit of a card shark

J

jamesyd81

maybe the dogs can have a chat with him ...he is a former kangaroo

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

how can this type of mistake happen i have heard lewis say he is looking forward to going to souths he has a verbal deal with them i am pretty sure.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst i am not a big fan of Souths nor of Lewis...the NRL needs to try and stop players and clubs blatantlly going back on contracts ...we have all seen & heard that Lewis is going to souths...Now he wants to have ahissy cause they are not going well...... This practise of players not honouring contracts or going back on them is not helping NRL's image....This is becoming very frequent ...as a fan you cant be sure whos in or out anymore...
Scrap contracts and players can decide who they want to play for that week....Its becoming that Farcical....
"League Players ..bounty hunters for money ....mmmm maybe interesting..when having a hard game come up..get the best pklayers, then buy cheaper for a easy game....LOL...
What a joke

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does this happen? Is he still going there?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A reporter asked if he was going to honor his verbal contract with a signature.

I think his exact words were: "F*ck that"

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a Panthers fan I wasnt to upset to see Lewis go to be honest.

Nothing against him, but I just think we have a lot of good juniors that cost less and who can provide us better performances and more consistancy.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Nothing against him, but I just think we have a lot of good juniors that cost less and who can provide us better performances and more consistancy.
Didn't get your wish he has re-signed with the Panthers and rejected Rusty Crowe.

K

kennyy

Agree with you there, except the panthers fan bit. Where will they use him?

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with you there, except the panthers fan bit. Where will they use him?
Look I just wrote on my web site that, we have cheaper, younger wingers and centers who have out performed Lewis who, to be honest, has gone missing at times out wide.

Play him in the forwards? As Gorden Tallis once said "I wouldnt want to be a forward and look next to me to see a winger defending next to me".

So that leaves the halves, where, Lewis has played ok over the last few weeks, but hasn't had the best history of performing there.

I mean, if Luke Lewis is out long term halfbcak, we have problems!

I have nothing against him, and I guess its ok we have kept someone finally, but I think a fresh start would have been good for Lewis and an open spot in our first grade squad would have been good for us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.