Luckless Canterbury Bulldogs utility Chase Stanley not the retiring type

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why the fuck we still have this prick on the books I don't know, if he was a dog or a horse he would have been shot years ago!

Yeah yeah bad luck with injuries and geez Dessie been good to me etc etc but this walking Medicare card has chewed up our cap for years and I'm fucked if I remember him ever completing a full 80 minutes without being pronounced dead

He must sleep hooked up to a life support machine... yet another castle/Des fuck up for keeping him on the books, it's like having an imaginary player eating up your salary cap

100 NRL games and spent a grand total of 45 minutes on the field..., yep a real veteran of the game

Will be able to retire straight on to the disability pension

That fat streaker during origin a few years back spent more time on the field in one night than Chalk Stanely has in 10 years
Throw a pair of boots on and do better you wood duck !!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Throw a pair of boots on and do better you wood duck !!
I'd bet both balls I could last longer than him if we ran out together

mate its not under 6's where everyone get a go...its meant to be the elite, the best of the best & for years now we've had this fella run on held together with clag glue, sticky tape & a bit of spit, our mascot has more on field time than him... I think he even has his own medi cab and the student surgeons use him for practice on the weekends

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd bet both balls I could last longer than him if we ran out together

mate its not under 6's where everyone get a go...its meant to be the elite, the best of the best & for years now we've had this fella run on held together with clag glue, sticky tape & a bit of spit, our mascot has more on field time than him... I think he even has his own medi cab and the student surgeons use him for practice on the weekends
I hear what your saying, I really do, however I have been supporting the dogs since I was 5 and I'm now 41 and I'm curious as to how many first grade appearances you have made for the doggies in that time? that's all

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
You Also have to consider his long term health. What's he gonna be like when he is 50+ years old. I think someone should give him the tap on the shoulder for his own wellbeing

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's simple: Chase and Bmoz just need to make sure they're fit for Sunday games. Bmoz to FB, Chase to wing, Hoppa to church.

They only have to last the game, then they can both go back into rehab until the next Sunday game.

There's only 3 or 4 of them, surely they can be fit for that many games in a season, right?

Right?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he is really only on a small contract I think he is worth it even for a few games a year simply to show the young fellas coming through how to play with some heart I can't think of him ever playing bad when he's been on the field. I remember him breaking his body to get the ball across the line for us. We will probably need all the back up we can get in the back line this season and he will do the job as long as he can.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
if we didn't keep signing him year after year we wouldn't have been over the cap this year......what 100,000 people say........well its another $100,000 we can add to our offer for a decent fullback or half, over 100 years he has averaged 10 appearances per season (I say appearances not games because he yet to complete a game)

chuck in no Sunday Hoppa's ridiculous contract and we have an extra $220,000 (minimum) to top up and offer to a decent player

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he is on $100k he is not far above the minimum contract though, so we would still have to pay someone with no nrl experience almost the same amount to take his place anyway so we wouldn't have an extra 100k more like 30k.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people have forgotten Stanley has a contract.
Potter
came to Canterbury from St Gregs, won Dally M player of the year 84, 2 premierships 84 and 85 with the dogs,
Got injured out for 18 months ended up at St George won Dally M there.
Peter Moore admitted, he was the only player ever to regretfully let go.

Reaction score
i love his tenacity, most would've packed it in already. i hope he has a big year he absolutely deserves it

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's wrong to see some of the so called diehard Bulldogs supporters lashing out at Stanley, do you honestly believe the $100 thousand the club is pays him ( a contracted player ) is why we are failing?
Where is the sense of obligation?
And we call ourselves the family club !
Perhaps this is why we are failing...Our lack of LOYALTY
If the rest of the team had his heart and commitment ( less injuries) we'd be unstoppable hope he comes back and kills it no one will be hungrier than him to succeed, hope his body can hold up

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can say I'm insensitive if you want, but sport is a business, and the Bulldogs need every advantage they can get.

He is a waste of cap space.

Yes, every player gets injured, but some more often than others. It's not always bad luck, there are genetic factors at play. Stanley's inclusion causes disruptions on the field when he gets injured mid-game, and takes up cap space in rehab. His brothers have had similar injury issues.

Stanley was a fringe player even when fit. All factored combined, he's a waste of cap space.
Only fringe because of his inability to stay fit was one of the most promising players around just never been able to build momentum

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd love Chase Stanley to make a successful injury free comeback.

Why? Because when fit he is about the best right side wing or centre we've got. And he plays on Sundays.
No, replying to my own post doesn't mean I like reading my own headlines.

It was the name of the thread that got me in:

Luckless Canterbury Bulldogs utility Chase Stanley not the retiring type

Chase Stanley knows that further injury is likely to happen to him when he plays. But he is willing to keep going through the pain to come back.

IMO he's got guts. That courage makes him a real Bulldog.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can we transplant his brain and balls into Dorothy?

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ran into him today, he wasnt in a wheelchair which is a good sign.
He reckons he should be fit around round 5. Seems really desperate to play for us. Asked about the bullshit game plan and the response was no comment but things will be changing.

N

Natboy

Ran into him today, he wasnt in a wheelchair which is a good sign.
He reckons he should be fit around round 5. Seems really desperate to play for us. Asked about the bullshit game plan and the response was no comment but things will be changing.
Did chase really say no comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.