SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Kurt Capewell goes to the wahs maybe afb is available for this year again? Who knows?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Kurt Capewell goes to the wahs maybe afb is available for this year again? Who knows?
a club will offer Warrior a decent player for AFB, there's no reason for them to give AFB away for free

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone really think ciradio and gus havent made a offer for luai yous are silly there bluffing yous cause they would have cameron said today he had a meeting at leagues club on the radio i reckon thats the offer for luai

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a club will offer Warrior a decent player for AFB, there's no reason for them to give AFB away for free
But I mean if Capewell goes this year would be tricky to fit him in possibly. So might need to shed some cash. And by all reports AFB is on just under or around 1 million.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone really think ciradio and gus havent made a offer for luai yous are silly there bluffing yous cause they would have cameron said today he had a meeting at leagues club on the radio i reckon thats the offer for luai
Chill bro, you have work in the morning ;)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we offer him 900-1m but tigers 1.1-1.2 will get him over the line. You would hope AFB is the primary target but it’s feasible to fit both in at that price if we move some other parts around
If we offer him 900 he would 100% stay at Penrith for 850 and maximise his chances at rep new herdewy and premierships
And please us Doggs fans really habs to get out of our head we are soooo much better than the tigers to the tune of Luai taking a pay cut from their offer to come here. We need a reality check. To the nrl world we are as much an embarrassment as the tigers.
They have every current players schoolyard hero coaching them and a destructive forward pack.
If we both offered 1.1mil I think we might edge them because of CC and he has half his old teammates here but don’t think for one second he would take a dollar less to join us over tigers with Benji, Api and their pack

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been waiting for Cronulla to have a crack at him. They got rid of Moylan and now Tracey so it looks like they're making room to me. It's just a guess though.
I think AFb will end up at sharks.
Much more likely for premiership success. He is their missing ingredient.
They will simply push someone out. Offer Braydne Uele in a swap most likely and not resign someone else, maybe push out Ramiro and re sign kayal iro on the cheap as his cut price replacement

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is remotely accurate, we must have AFB in the bag….
I think this only happens if we have offered AFB 1.25 or more or we have offered him a sick swap. Only one I can think of would be Kikau or King. Potentially Liam knight but can’t see it

edit.
what about Reed Mahoney?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But they are “giving AFB away for free”, they could legally hold him to his contract until 2026. By releasing him from the last 2 years they are “giving him away for free” in 2026 and in 2025. Plus it’s not really “for free” anyway, for every year he’s not there they have $1m of Cap space to spend on someone else. In addition there is the bonus of not having a player who doesn’t want to be there, hard to put a value on but certainly not “for free”.

The compensation question is 2024, that’s 1 year only, if a club trades them a player that they then sign for, say, 3 years then that’s 2 years over compensation. A 1 year loan of a player would be more appropriate than permanently trading a player.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we offer him 900 he would 100% stay at Penrith for 850 and maximise his chances at rep new herdewy and premierships
And please us Doggs fans really habs to get out of our head we are soooo much better than the tigers to the tune of Luai taking a pay cut from their offer to come here. We need a reality check. To the nrl world we are as much an embarrassment as the tigers.
They have every current players schoolyard hero coaching them and a destructive forward pack.
If we both offered 1.1mil I think we might edge them because of CC and he has half his old teammates here but don’t think for one second he would take a dollar less to join us over tigers with Benji, Api and their pack
@Nasheed as you follow Souths you know how much of a meme our club has become and it's sad. A lot of our fans aren't Rugby League fans so they probably don't see it. Our club is a meme and people laugh at our signings and how Gus treats current players.

With AFB there is going to be a swap. The Warriors have identified players not just our club. Other clubs. He's been given permission. He can't yet talk offers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
@Nasheed as you follow Souths you know how much of a meme our club has become and it's sad. A lot of our fans aren't Rugby League fans so they probably don't see it. Our club is a meme and people laugh at our signings and how Gus treats current players.

With AFB there is going to be a swap. The Warriors have identified players not just our club. Other clubs. He's been given permission. He can't yet talk offers.
Just look at how the club is belittled and mocked on Reddit

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look at how the club is belittled and mocked on Reddit
@Nasheed Putting players through a meat grinder every year doesn't do the culture of the club any good. Our fans lap all this up. At the same time bag out SBW for leaving. Happy to have him back if it meant getting Payne Haas.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But they are “giving AFB away for free”, they could legally hold him to his contract until 2026. By releasing him from the last 2 years they are “giving him away for free” in 2026 and in 2025. Plus it’s not really “for free” anyway, for every year he’s not there they have $1m of Cap space to spend on someone else. In addition there is the bonus of not having a player who doesn’t want to be there, hard to put a value on but certainly not “for free”.

The compensation question is 2024, that’s 1 year only, if a club trades them a player that they then sign for, say, 3 years then that’s 2 years over compensation. A 1 year loan of a player would be more appropriate than permanently trading a player.

Always a Bulldog
Warrior CEO on SEN said AFB could still be a Warrior in 2025. If they don't get someone in return (they will because clubs are desperate) they have the right to keep him if they want. Dragon forced Hunt to stay. I really can't be assed with you writing a paragraph of me saying "giving AFB away for free". You need to ask yourself wtf is the point (taking what I said out of context + what you're saying is wrong due to my first sentence in this reply). Anyone thinking it's likely Warrior won't get a player in return they're dellusional.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Warrior CEO on SEN said AFB could still be a Warrior in 2025. If they don't get someone in return (they will because clubs are desperate) they have the right to keep him if they want. Dragon forced Hunt to stay. I really can't be assed with you writing a paragraph of me saying "giving AFB away for free". You need to ask yourself wtf is the point (taking what I said out of context + what you're saying is wrong due to my first sentence in this reply). Anyone thinking it's likely Warrior won't get a player in return they're dellusional.
I was simply trying to explain why your claim of the Warriors giving AFB up for free was not correct. This is not the same as Hunt, who just wants to go home to Brisbane, this apparently has family issues at its core.

Secondly that would be my bargaining position with the Warriors;
You are saving $1m a season that you can spend on anyone you want.
Do you really want to make a player play for you who doesn’t want to?
The moral effect on the other players will be detrimental to the whole squad.
He has compassionate family reasons for wanting to return to Sydney, can you handle the never ending bad publicity if you make him stay? The Warriors will look like arseholes.
If it is family illness related can you handle the family crying all over the media every other day about you keeping him away?
Do you want your training interrupted when he has to fly home to Sydney to be with his family?
How many games will he miss while tending to his sick family member?

We can save you all of this, $1m a year and make the disruptions go away so you can get on with winning games. We will do all this for you for free.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was simply trying to explain why your claim of the Warriors giving AFB up for free was not correct. This is not the same as Hunt, who just wants to go home to Brisbane, this apparently has family issues at its core.

Secondly that would be my bargaining position with the Warriors;
You are saving $1m a season that you can spend on anyone you want.
Do you really want to make a player play for you who doesn’t want to?
The moral effect on the other players will be detrimental to the whole squad.
He has compassionate family reasons for wanting to return to Sydney, can you handle the never ending bad publicity if you make him stay? The Warriors will look like arseholes.
If it is family illness related can you handle the family crying all over the media every other day about you keeping him away?
Do you want your training interrupted when he has to fly home to Sydney to be with his family?
How many games will he miss while tending to his sick family member?

We can save you all of this, $1m a year and make the disruptions go away so you can get on with winning games. We will do all this for you for free.

Always a Bulldog
Warrior are not giving AFB up for free so what's the point witting an essay.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wats the hold up with luai didnt he say annoucement friday has the dogs come in the last minute now with a offer we dont know about

Status
Not open for further replies.