Luai or Mam for $1M ?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got a sneaky suspicion Ivan won't be recommending to Jett to come to the Bulldogs if he asks his Dad for advice.
Forgot about Jett coming through the ranks….I wonder if the “Luai” low ball offer has anything to do with the Cleary’s making way for Jett? Interesting scenario…

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jett is the one I'd be throwing a bus and a pub at!
Even just to mindfuck with the Clearys.
Try and get Luai and ex Panther's boys to convince him to come over to 'The Dark Side' ;) and show up his father and brother in years to come.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
God I hope that's the case!
I doubt Luai will come to the dogs unless we offer in the vicinity of 1.2m ....I'm tipping he will stay at Panthers and he is not a half back

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He might be right this time..
I don't know how I feel about buying Luai tbh, I know he would be expensive and he has his moments but idk sometimes he just floats around trying to be fancy... but we are pretty desperate for some direction, itching for 1st November.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai is happy at Panthers he should stay there

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a couple of reports we're signing Luai for $1,125,000 a season for 4 years. If we're even thinking of this I hope Gus first sounds out Ezra Mam who the Broncos are reportedly hoping to extend for around 700K a season. They can't keep them all.

Who would you rather Luai for 1.1+M or Mam for 900K-1M ? I'll say Mam. He could be our next Terry Lamb. Likes backing up through the middle and can break the line himself. In his highlights I noticed he was wearing the 7 in a few games. Would be good with a controlling 7 like Cogger. Don't know why we didn't sign him again either
I'd go Neither

Dearden for $950k over 5 years with TPA's ontop.

He is the 7 we need, and yes.... he can play 7, better than any other available candidate.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t have any inside knowledge but I do listen and read most of the stuff in the media.

Yep there have agendas.
And yep they get it wrong a fair bit.

But they definitely have more inside info than 99.99% of us on here.

Consensus is that Luai won’t get anywhere near $1 million. He will stay at panthers because other clubs know he will be nowhere near the player elsewhere.