Luai or Mam for $1M ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've rated Ezra massively since he debuted. I think he will be one of the best 5/8ths in the comp for years, but he's not leaving Brisbane. They'll give him a huge upgrade as Reynolds will retire soon enough.

I don't want Luai at all.. Let Penrith keep him or someone else overpay for him.. Dearden will stay at Nth Qld..

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we seriously signing Luai?

ciraldo just doesn’t get it hey. Neither does Gould at this stage.
Get what? Signing players from a team that just won three premierships in a row?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We should be signing a halfback in ten mould of cleary, Moses, Townsend, hunt.
A budget option = Croft.
And then nimble but hard props

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Flanagun was our next Clearly... :tearsofjoy:
Someone dumped from Feb roosters who was a psssnrfer in their squad should have been identified as such.
The second thing was it should have been a 2 year deal, not a three, on a more modest contract.
But that said,
watch him develop very well as a hooker. I can see signs he is going to be a very handy rake.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I can't understand.... its not like we are signing Tiger or dragon duds.
Agreed. These players must be doing something right. The team is a cut above everybody else, so they come from a good system. Sure not all of them will work out but it’s definitely a step in the right direction.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more of a Dearden than the other 2.
Throw 900 and see if he bites. He’d be a better 7.
We also need a marquee metre eater prop and also a better than average prop.

Get these signings and we are looking very good.

Easier said than done though….

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith won the GF because Luai was off the field and Cogger was playing.

Mam has strength and power. Luai is a dancer who looks good in a top side, but would be useless at the Dogs.
Is it possible that Mam was made to look good by Staggs, Farnworth and Walsh attracting the defence which left space for him. Take those 3 away and Mam would be nowhere near as effective. Let's see how he goes without Farnworth next year and the opposition coaches working on how to nullify him. As for strength and power he's a short arse (176) lightweight (85) that runs fast and has decent step.

Anyone thinking of dragging him away from the Broncos is dreaming, they signed him when he was 13, he's not going anywhere.

Always a Bulldog