lol sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Cronulla captain Paul Gallen among four Sharks charged by judiciary

April 06, 2009

Cronulla's horror start to the NRL season has continued with four Sharks, including captain Paul Gallen, charged by the match review committee following Sunday's loss to the Bulldogs.
In a performance labelled “embarrassing” and “legless” by coach Ricky Stuart, Gallen has the most serious charge, grade two striking, and could miss three matches.

The skipper will miss two matches with an early guilty plea and a third if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the NRL judiciary.

Gallen allegedly used a forearm on Bulldogs half Ben Roberts in an off-the-ball incident in the 18th minute of Sunday's 24-12 loss at ANZ Stadium.

Winger Misi Taulapapa could miss two games after being charged with dangerous contact with the legs or feet, but can escape with a one-match ban with the early plea.

Prop Kade Snowden is one of four players across the NRL charged with grapple tackles as the league's crackdown continues.

He will miss one game regardless of whether he enters the early plea or not.

The Sharks' other prop, Luke Douglas, has been charged with a grade one careless high tackle but will not need to sit out any matches.

The charges could leave the Sharks decimated for Saturday's clash with Canberra, with Trent Barrett (neck) in doubt and Ben Ross (neck) and Brett Kearney (ankle) already ruled out for the season.

Cronulla have also endured a two-match ban for half Brett Seymour for an off-field indiscretion, although he returned on Sunday.

The Sharks, who are 14th after just one win, received one piece of good news with winger Luke Covell escaping a charge for a trip.

The Wests Tigers' Rhys Hanbury, Melbourne's Cooper Cronk and Gold Coast's Brett Delaney were the other players charged with grapples.

All three can escape a ban with the early guilty plea but would miss one game if they were unsuccessful at the judiciary.

AAP

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ah crap its in the bulldogs discussion, mods delete this 1

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
quiet you i didn't think it would be in the bulldogs discussion as it the sharks :sleep:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i want to ban you for the ****ing sig

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Have gone for the sharks for the last 39 years,brain washed the kids to follow them as a good supporter would, and they ask the question, "Dad, do you reckon the Sharkies will ever win a comp your life time?" and after the week end, they are saying they will be switching teams, can hardley say that I blame them, after the start to this season. the team is just lacking heart! How about having a go boys, not to much to ask, one premiership before I die?. Gummy Shark

Posted by: Mark Brook of CHQ 8:12pm April 06, 2009

Feel sorry for the poor guy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have gone for the sharks for the last 39 years,brain washed the kids to follow them as a good supporter would, and they ask the question, "Dad, do you reckon the Sharkies will ever win a comp your life time?" and after the week end, they are saying they will be switching teams, can hardley say that I blame them, after the start to this season. the team is just lacking heart! How about having a go boys, not to much to ask, one premiership before I die?. Gummy Shark

Posted by: Mark Brook of CHQ 8:12pm April 06, 2009

Feel sorry for the poor guy.
I don't know what the problem is, that bloke's kids sound like typical fairweather, I mean "diehard" Cronulla fans. They should fit right in with the other 5 Sharks fans in the rest of the world.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is, that bloke's kids sound like typical fairweather, I mean "diehard" Cronulla fans. They should fit right in with the other 5 Sharks fans in the rest of the world.
But the poor guy want's a premiership before he dies.... it's not going to happen. Ah well he can always cherish the amco cup trophy they have with the other 2000 supporters who go to games with him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But the poor guy want's a premiership before he dies.... it's not going to happen. Ah well he can always cherish the amco cup trophy they have with the other 2000 supporters who go to games with him.
Haha. He better enjoy these losses while he can before his team becomes extinct very shortly.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Haha. He better enjoy these losses while he can before his team becomes extinct very shortly.
What a great year, cronulla on the verge of the collapse and manly coming dead last :D

-313-

What a great year, cronulla on the verge of the collapse and manly coming dead last :D
now for the roosters to get the wooden spoon and Mason and Anasta would be banned for life... That would make it a fcuking good year.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see in the Sunday rag.... old Karlos Filinga was
brought up again as a 300K dud and looking to be
given the arse very shortly....

Some experts were tipping the Shonks to be top 2....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.