lol - another 'Sydney Roosters-like' premiship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just realised. The only team in this comp that can anal St. Merge week in week out is the Storm.

Just like the Roosters in 2002, the St. Merge scum won the comp this year because their biggest threat wasn't in the finals race due to salary cap breaches (we all saw their straight-sets KO last year). So again, the Premiers for 2010 will forever have a * next to their name... just like the Premiers of 2002. As far as I'm concerned, the Dragons are still chokers as long as they've got a * next to their name.

list of NRL Premiers:

1. 1998 - Brisbane Broncos
  2. 1999 - Melbourne Storm
  3. 2000 - Brisbane Broncos
  4. 2001 - Newcastle Knights
  5. 2002 - Sydney Roosters*
  6. 2003 - Penrith Panthers
  7. 2004 - Canterbury Bulldogs
  8. 2005 - Wests Tigers
  9. 2006 - Brisbane Broncos
  10. 2007 -
  11. 2008 - Manly Sea-Eagles
  12. 2009 -
  13. 2010 - St. George Illawarra Dragons*

Fear not my friends, the Dragons will resume their choking ways in 2011 :grinning:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is their fault the Storm were cheaters?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems people are finding any reason to make St George shtter than they are or less deserving. How about we just don't mention them at all? Sick of hearing about them to be honest.

M

mongoose

How is their fault the Storm were cheaters?
You are missing the point. Regardless of the circumstances of why the storm were not in the 2010 is irellevant. They were not there and mongoose thinks the reggie has a good point

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure he has a point, there was one less team that could have been a very serious challenger. But this is a team that cheated, so it's not really accurate to assume they'd have beaten St Cunt with a team under the cap.

Yes it's a weakened competition, but St George won it and I'd rather if we just don't mention these hideous cuntbutlers at all for at least a year, maybe 8.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Can still call us chokers? I doubt it buddy. I find it really strange that most opposition fans will try to come up with absolutely anything to discredit our premiership win instead of giving credit where it is due. We were knocked all year for our playing style not to mention everyone breathing down our necks hoping we choked, we went and won the comp and it's still not good enough. Once again the best team that didn't cheat won the comp. Just like in 2002.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can still call us chokers? I doubt it buddy. I find it really strange that most opposition fans will try to come up with absolutely anything to discredit our premiership win instead of giving credit where it is due. We were knocked all year for our playing style not to mention everyone breathing down our necks hoping we choked, we went and won the comp and it's still not good enough. Once again the best team that didn't cheat won the comp. Just like in 2002.
I've said similar just above. Dragons deserve it, yes. But I don't think the chokers tag is gone. 30 years of choking isn't erased in one title victory in my opinion. Of course the media will say it's gone, but if they choke next year, do you think it starts again anew? Nope, it'll all come back.

Take note that I've given credit to the Dragons.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I thought considering the pressure the Dragons must have been feeling to perform, they did admirably well.

They are a worthy champ imo.

I think we should stop crying like girls trying to discredit them and concentrate on trying dethrone the champs in 2011.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
St George Illawarra Dragons. 2010 Reigning NRL Premiers. ;-)

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats the point of all these threads?

People here have been chewing ST George supporters up for years. Thats the risk when you go shooting your mouth, if your wrong, the other people will let you know.

Unfortunately the ST George players have given their supporters the ammo they needed, while our players didnt.

Like it or not St George supporters have got the bragging rights over us for at least the next 12 months. Suck it up.

All these threads do is make you look like bad sports with sour grapes. Hold your head high and show some integrity.

P

Paint.

Whats the point of all these threads?

People here have been chewing ST George supporters up for years. Thats the risk when you go shooting your mouth, if your wrong, the other people will let you know.

Unfortunately the ST George players have given their supporters the ammo they needed, while our players didnt.

Like it or not St George supporters have got the bragging rights over us for at least the next 12 months. Suck it up.

All these threads do is make you look like bad sports with sour grapes. Hold your head high and show some integrity.
i like.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Chokers 2009 Yes, Chokers 2010 No

End Thread

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They won the comp.
The end.

Status