Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
poor liverpool - i hate them but i dont want to see them out of the epl

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they wouldnt feel sorry for man utd, so why feel sorry for them?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
im hoping they get relegated. They wont get my sympathy. If it were arsenal then ok i will feel for them, but no way liverfail

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
we hate yous and yous hate us, i reckon that we would enjoy the league a lot less if either of use were to go down.

plus the league would lose value in terms of TV Money since Liverpool and Utd are commercially recognised worldwide especially with a huge supporters base in Asia.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
we hate yous and yous hate us, i reckon that we would enjoy the league a lot less if either of use were to go down.

plus the league would lose value in terms of TV Money since Liverpool and Utd are commercially recognised worldwide especially with a huge supporters base in Asia.
I would enjoy the league more so. Liverpool must earn the right to face United through the cups

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
The courts have ruled against Hick and Gillete stopping the sale of the club to NESV so it will be sold and all the debt paid. Hick and Gillette gone - for those of you that think LFC will be relegated yo have no f'n idea.

Walk On.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
soo who will wanna go to pool in january?
that will depend on the club's performance from here on...

we are only 5pts from 4th spot and only 7 games in with 31 to go but considering what schwarzer said about woy on Fox Sports FC being defensive minded and Fulham only attack on the counter ive got no confidence in him to take us back up

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Actually according to this we are in bigger **** then we were before... so it looks like administration is a certainty by the end of tonite :(

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton might have hoped that Wednesday, 13 October would mark the end of his seven-month quest to sell the Premier League club.

Having defeated the attempts of Tom Hicks and George Gillett to wrest back control of the club by securing an emphatic victory at the High Court in London, Broughton was given the go-ahead to call a board meeting for 2030 BST that was intended to rubber-stamp the deal to sell the Reds to Boston Red Sox owner John W Henry.

But then at 2025 BST - as we all waited for a statement outside the offices of the club's lawyers in central London - came the latest delaying tactic from Hicks and Gillett, a quite extraordinary petition to a district court in the former's home state of Texas that resulted in a temporary restraining order blocking the sale.

Included in the petition are some truly remarkable claims against Broughton and his three fellow Liverpool directors - Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre and Phillip Nash.

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
Haha i like this thread.... I will throw a party if Liverpool are RELEGATED..... EVERYONE INVITED!!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Mill Financial are an arm of the Springfield Financial Companies. That has been confirmed. In recent weeks, there have been reports that they lent George Gillett £75m to meet his further loan commitments at Liverpool, and that he defaulted on that loan, so they have in effect repossessed his shares. That has not been confirmed by Mill, who so far do not return calls. Gillett has not returned a call for some weeks now.

If those reports are true, that means if Liverpool is sold to NESV for the agreed £300m, to repay all Liverpool's debts owed to the banks (except for £30m to finance stadium development), it is Mill Financial which will lose that £75m, along with Hicks losing his around £70m.

That means a US hedge fund, based, like Hicks, in southern USA - Springfield, Virginia - have a £75m loss to protect. That helps to explain why they should now be apparently working desperately with Hicks to avoid a sale to NESV. If they lend Hicks the £200m to repay RBS, the scenario being discussed at the moment by the participants, and Hicks does so, he could stay in control of Liverpool, because RBS is repaid and their hold over the board via the undertakings falls away. Hicks would owe Mill £200m, at whatever rate of interest he has had to agree to. The "payment in kind" loans from the US hedge funds at Manchester United currently charge 16.25% interest, a year, so that would be £32.5m a year interest, and there would likely be very large costs to add to it - financial institutions like to charge for the right to lend their money.

There seems little doubt that Hicks would make Liverpool itself, out of its income - fans' money, TV, commercial revenues - pay that interest and harges and service the debt, as he and Gillett did with the RBS loans. That is a major financial reason why Liverpool fans will be desperate the Mill/Hicks eleventh hour bid does not succeed.

NESV, have committed, to clearing the £300m of debt, and not loading the club with any more debt, or making the club in any way pay any of the costs associated with buying it.
NESV are saying very firmly they will sue because they have a binding agreement with the board to buy the club - as Henry has reiterated on Twitter.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
*sigh*

As long as roy wont get the sack til the end of the season... we are 4pts off relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.