Lineup that gives us the best chance to beat Knights in Round 24?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And I think his next shot he will take it. He looked super comfortable in his last game. I think over all he offers more than a Wilson but he played good enough to keep his spot last week.
True uce, I’m Skelton fan also but Wilson isn’t getting dropped as he iced his opportunities last game

If anyone is getting dropped it would be Fox the ufa [emoji38]

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Right on the kidneys tho wasn't it and there was a hand in there to help it dislodge while he was kinda incapacitated I thought. He will learn from it. Rather Hughes all the same.
Team will stay unchanged after on the whole an unconvincing win. The only change may be RFM who was a late withdrawal due to injury but would be right after bye. Would think they run Thompson in reserves for another week although he seemed to get through reasonable minutes in reserve grade.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not enough quality ball sent his way. A winger is totally reliant on service. He would kill it at the Rabbits.
He is still enthusiastic out there and talking it up but yeah there wasn't many opportunities for him on Sunday. He may have been frustrated in playing his unfavoured side and may explain the penalties. Its a shame Burto and him seem to have put away the long range kick/try.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We shouldn’t get carried away, they did slam us by 66 last match up

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True uce, I’m Skelton fan also but Wilson isn’t getting dropped as he iced his opportunities last game

Bro I feel ya but let’s not forget the grubbed inside instead of passing to Burns (definitely non iced opportunity) also the lapses in defence. It’s like he doesn’t trust his inside man and gets stuck in the mud while his opposite runs around him and scores in crucial times of the match. He’s good. But Skelton is better.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson on the bench?
Harrison was one of our best last game yet he misses out to Thompson?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dunno if it's already been said, but the boys will be up for this one and the Knights will be coming in a little nervous. Knights season on the line with full expectation to win, while we're still steaming after what was probably the club's most embaressing loss.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dunno if it's already been said, but the boys will be up for this one and the Knights will be coming in a little nervous. Knights season on the line with full expectation to win, while we're still steaming after what was probably the club's most embaressing loss.
Lets hope our guys look at it that way. We do but do they :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are people hammering Fox so badly? Yes he's out of form, no doubt because he's had a disrupted season due to injuries and he's probably playing at limited capacity. He shouldn't have made/played Origin this year which would have fucked his rehab even more..

He had a shocker against the Dolphins but you can be out of form, doesn't mean you're washed up. His whole career he's been one of the best wingers in the comp and just last year his form was great on a shit team..

People are way too overreactionary to a few bad games... If it was regarding a fringe player, I'd understand but to write off a great player like Fox has been is just ridiculous..

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Juke Thompson has played just as many games as Luke Thompson!
Well we just added Jaemon Salmon, are chasing Justin Holbrook and I think we also got Jio Siua Taukieaho!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to see how they go vs Phins. Knights will be favourites against. If Dolphins can push them the full 80mins that means we’re a chance with the week off.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I like Wilson. He runs the ball with purpose, has great speed and good work ethic. That's not to say he is perfect, far from it. In defence he comes in off his wing far too often.

The first try against the Dolphins, he comes in off his wing to tackle Aitken because he thinks he has Burton beat. Now Isaako is in the clear. Wilson turns and chases and is slowly catching him. Averillo lines up the support player Nikorima, thinking Wilson has Isaako covered. Then Wilson dives early for an ankle tap and misses, Averillo is stranded in-field and Isaako gets a clear run to the try line.

He needs to put more trust in his inside men and keep on his wing.

Also in attack he collected a kick from Burton after the first or second set of the second half. He had players on the inside in support and it could have been a try but he gets a bad pass away which goes to gound (maybe it was touched?). Later on he had Burns in support, should have been an easy try but he puts in a kick instead.

I like him and hope he gets better with more experience. I like Skelton too. I feel he is probably better suited to centre given he has ball playing ability but it might be easier to ease him into first grade on the wing where he can hit the ball up on early tackles and defence is easier.

Our best metre eaters on the wing are Skelton and Kiraz. Given Addo-Carr gets one spot it will be interesting to see what happens next season. I don't see Cirro making any changes to the backline for the Knights match, i just hope Skelton forces his way onto the bench instead of Flanagan.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why are people hammering Fox so badly? Yes he's out of form, no doubt because he's had a disrupted season due to injuries and he's probably playing at limited capacity. He shouldn't have made/played Origin this year which would have fucked his rehab even more..

He had a shocker against the Dolphins but you can be out of form, doesn't mean you're washed up. His whole career he's been one of the best wingers in the comp and just last year his form was great on a shit team..

People are way too overreactionary to a few bad games... If it was regarding a fringe player, I'd understand but to write off a great player like Fox has been is just ridiculous..
Some people have short attention spans & short memories. JAC should be the first back picked.