Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Source: Official NRL website
Date: Monday 8th June 2015
Author: Joe Riordon

Bulldogs hooker Michael Lichaa has declared dynamic youngster Moses Mbye could have either halves position at the Bulldogs for the next decade if he wants it enough.

Following another starring performance for Canterbury, Mbye has well and truly earned his spot in the starting team. Now he looks likely to keep either Josh Reynolds or Trent Hodkinson on the bench for weeks to come.
"He had to bide his time a bit behind Hodko and Reynolds as expected because they were State of Origin halves but he's definitely taken that number seven or six jersey, whatever one he wants I guess, and he's taken it by storm," Lichaa said.
"It's gonna probably be his position for the next 10 years at this club if he wants it."

Some may consider the Canterbury hooker's comments slightly premature considering both Reynolds and Hodkinson are established stars of the game individually.
However, watching Mbye run around the park against the Dragons, you wouldn't have picked him as the 21-year-old rookie, given his poise and confidence.
Mbye's starting role also allowed Reynolds to have a huge impact in the final 20 minutes of the game.
"It worked well today," Lichaa said about the new-look halves combination.
"It's up to Des what he does there and it did work pretty good today so I guess no one can say anything bad about it because he [Reynolds] came on and showed a lot of energy in the last 20 minutes."
The Bulldogs hooker was also savouring a rare opportunity to play behind a full-strength pack on Monday afternoon.
"It's finally good to have the whole team back and we didn't want to use it as an excuse but it is pretty hard missing all those players," he said.
"With everyone back this week it was a massive difference for me and I could jump out a bit more [from dummy half].
"Hopefully we can get some combinations if everyone stays on the field and we can put it together. It pretty much comes down to staying fit and healthy for us."
"We're pretty happy we put it together today when we had everyone there."

Lichaa should not be making comments like this about the Doggies halves setup ..he's only been at Canterbury for a heartbeat.. I guess he'll learn..

D

DoggyStylz

As long as this doesn't turn into a DCE "I love this club" "show me the money" "one club man" saga....

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Who is Lichaa to declare Mbye as a long-term half for the next decade?? Lichaa hasn't even been around the club for a full year yet.

He's not Mick Ennis yet and should focus on himself and his own game first and foremost.

TBH, I miss Ennis

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone relax they are best mates, have been for years ... Anyone of us would put in a good word for our buddies ... Also think the journo probably was leading with his questions to make a statement

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Who is Lichaa to declare Mbye as a long-term half for the next decade?? Lichaa hasn't even been around the club for a full year yet.

He's not Mick Ennis yet and should focus on himself and his own game first and foremost.

TBH, I miss Ennis
Rak off and support the Sharks.
Half way through the season and u still miss Ennis
LIchaa has a right to talk to who he wants and say what he wants,
Most of all I agree with him.
he can walk in and take either halves position,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People still bring up Ennis ffs

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

TBH, I miss Ennis
Relax you Drop Kick, What are you mad for?

Coz he said the truth?

He's no Mick Ennis!? who gives a **** he's a 21 year old doing a good job in his first proper year. He hasn't had a bad game yet and is only getting better.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rak off and support the sharks.
Half way through the season and u still miss ennis
lichaa has a right to talk to who he wants and say what he wants,
most of all i agree with him.
He can walk in and take either halves position,
this !!!!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye future star, must keep at all cost.;

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
Lichaa has earnt the right to discuss team matters IMO because he is the future of our team. He will be our hooker for the next decade whether you Ennis lovers like it or not

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actuallycan't see anything wrong with what he said TBH... Lichaa is on point...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa has earnt the right to discuss team matters IMO because he is the future of our team. He will be our hooker for the next decade whether you Ennis lovers like it or not
Agree 100%. Mbye and Lichaa are our future for sure. Both very level headed young kids. I love Ennis but des made the right move
I actuallycan't see anything wrong with what he said TBH... Lichaa is on point...

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Moses seems like a loyal player and from what Ive heard he wants to stay at the Dogs. I dont see him leaving us unless we choose to ditch him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sick of the lichaa bashing on here ! He has been great for us and is only gonna get better from here on in. If you wanna continue to lick Ennis' b@lls , I suggest you wear a different shade of blue...

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Lichaa was my MOM yesterday! Great defence, but in attack he did what Michael Ennis never could... He ran and terrorised the Dragons for 75 minutes, the forwards were unstoppable because of him! I hope he continues to improve..

Everything he said above is on the money!

Malla

Reaction score
If Mbye starts, we would have the youngest spine in the comp. I reckon Lichaa and Mbye are our future in terms of long term success, similar to what Storm built with Smith and Cronk.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa has been execellent, where was mick ennis at lichaa'a age????
Still wacking off to MTV I'd say!!! Yes ennis was good for us but his gone lichaa is here and has not let anyone down!!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why do people say Mbye is a future star? He's a ****ing star now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.