Gilded
Reaction score
Let's not get exited?
I'm over the moon we won .
The calm before the next storm
As history has shown us with this lot of pretenders

But I'm not here to rain on your parade

Enjoy the win mate
Especially if you believe this team can repeat that and build on it from here on in

Me
I don't believe they can
They do it when they have to
Then quickly go back to their lazy dumb ways till the heat is back on them

Well I'm not giving them an inch

I'm keeping the heat on them

I'll still call them shit ***** even if they make the grand final, as unlikely as that is

They get no further positivity from me till they lift that trophy

Till then

I see them for what they are

Complacency ridden lazy *****
And Des has created that culture

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll enjoy the win but I'm under no allusions that we can do anything this year. I love the fact that even when we are playing so poorly we can still rip the Dragons a new one.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice to get a win. The boys played with some heart which is a start. That said, we scored a couple of lucky try's. Our halves for the most part still looked average in attack.

This doesn't change anything. Still not a top 8 team.

The one positive is Montoya. This kid is class and if Holland ever starts a game ahead of him I'll lose my shit.
2 positives
One you mentioned

The other
Stanley
Well done to him

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The calm before the next storm
As history has shown us with this lot of pretenders

But I'm not here to rain on your parade

Enjoy the win mate
Especially if you believe this team can repeat that and build on it from here on in

Me
I don't believe they can
They do it when they have to
Then quickly go back to their lazy dumb ways till the heat is back on them

Well I'm not giving them an inch

I'm keeping the heat on them

I'll still call them shit ***** even if they make the grand final, as unlikely as that is

They get no further positivity from me till they lift that trophy

Till then

I see them for what they are

Complacency ridden lazy *****
And Des has created that culture
Not arguing with how shit the team is I'm just excited that we won .
When you have high expectations you always get let down but when you lower your expectations and win it's a victory.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not arguing with how shit the team is I'm just excited that we won .
When you have high expectations you always get let down but when you lower your expectations and win it's a victory.
So very true
I just hope in time I can get over how angry I am with the club

It's been built up over a few years now

In uncharted territory for me

Since 1980 (my earliest memories of footy and supporting the dogs) I have never lost hope

But I lost it last year, and nothing since has done anything to ease that

Like I said
I no longer believe in this team or it's direction

Only thing that can reverse that, is a premiership built on consistency and improvement in playing style and coaching and player attitudes

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
So very true

Since 1980 (my earliest memories of footy and supporting the dogs) I have never lost hope

Like I said

Only thing that can reverse that, is a premiership built on consistency and improvement in playing style and coaching and player attitudes
I'm with you and the only way things will change if des is dropped.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will enjoy the win (at least they didn't fuck my weekend or week in this case) but won't get excited until I can see us put 4 or 5 wins together.
If we are contenders, the next few games should be winnable but I still have huge doubts if Mbye is in the halves. The bloke is as clueless today, as he was in Round 1. Best option would be...

1. Hoppa
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley (nothing better atm)
9. Lichaa

14.Mbye

Throw in Mbye for Lichaa after 25-30mins when the opposition forwards are tiring. At the same time, throw in Fatsiano get some quick play of the balls and tell Mbye to run from dummy half and take on the line with speed.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why does it take a kick up the arse to get them motivated ?
You'd think the piles of cash they trip over when they walk through the door at home, would be enough.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whos really getting excited though? Most if not all of us know what we are, so why not enjoy a win when we get them.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whos really getting excited though? Most if not all of us know what we are, so why not enjoy a win when we get them.
Feel free to enjoy it brother
TBH
I wish I could also enjoy it

Who knows?
If we can string together a few good wins I might be able to enjoy a game again

But right now, I'm really angry at the club, it's really clouding my ability to support the team for the first time in my life

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feel free to enjoy it brother
TBH
I wish I could also enjoy it

Who knows?
If we can string together a few good wins I might be able to enjoy a game again

But right now, I'm really angry at the club, it's really clouding my ability to support the team for the first time in my life
Allgood mate, I hear yah.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our attack is still pathetic and our tries weren't from skill or any form of well constructed play.

The effort and spirit were great but this jut further illustrated that Desball has to end as it's not 1986 and we can't try and win every game 4-2 and hope the defence gift us points.

Nothing has changed and in my opinion this win was the worst thing that could have happened today because now Des and Dib Will be saying I told you so when if anything this further proves the weaknesses of the team and of Hasler's style.
Yeah your right no skill in the first try - heaps of passes, one lucky back pass and Fullback chimes in draws a man and passes nice ball inside. Pathetic try. Some people are hard tp please. We won. Be happy for a change.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So very true

Like I said

It all started with the TREX signing & it has now moved onto MYBE playing the way he does.
Eastwood high fiving opposing players after games we lose also add to the fact some guys care more about the paycheck, NOT the jersey....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For me, I tore into the Dogs the other day/week on here in regards to simply "not caring". There was no heart, and no respect for the jersey by anyone but the fans who were left aching after big losses of late.

But todays game the team played for the jersey. We didn't look certain winners till late in the game, and yet the players dug deep and held the defence up against a team who were gunning for joint second on the ladder.

Todays win might have been messy, or ugly, or a fluke, but it will do one thing. It will bring much needed confidence to the club, the coach and the players.

Yes there is work to be done but it proves we can stick with (and beat) a team that could easily be Top4 this year. That's something to be immensely proud of, and hopefully gives our team the confidence they need to kickstart our 2017 campaign back into gear.

Reactions: DT

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes lets get things in perspective. First win in about a month.

I am actually excited that we finally won.

Next week is next week, but this weekend I will bask in the glow of a win.
I think we have the bye covered

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS: Just enjoy your win for a day or so before putting the boot in.
Sorry but having a short memory has got us into this current situation.... the foot must remain on the throat...

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep in mind we are now 10 wins and 1 loss against the Dragons since Des arrived. We are their official bogey team and we should not get to confident because we could very well be in the shit again after the bye.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me, I tore into the Dogs the other day/week on here in regards to simply "not caring". There was no heart, and no respect for the jersey by anyone but the fans who were left aching after big losses of late.

But todays game the team played for the jersey. We didn't look certain winners till late in the game, and yet the players dug deep and held the defence up against a team who were gunning for joint second on the ladder.

Todays win might have been messy, or ugly, or a fluke, but it will do one thing. It will bring much needed confidence to the club, the coach and the players.

Yes there is work to be done but it proves we can stick with (and beat) a team that could easily be Top4 this year. That's something to be immensely proud of, and hopefully gives our team the confidence they need to kickstart our 2017 campaign back into gear.
I also think Foran will straighten up our attack - Jackson and Elliot would have had a ripper if they didn't end up having to run sideways due to lack of directness or creativity by our halves

Status
Not open for further replies.