Wiggs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dummy half. Should be watching tapes of Damien Cook 5 years ago

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think so. I haven’t seen anything g to suggest Taaffe has don’t any significant training at 7 with the dogs.

Anyone but Hutchison would be good.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do we know ? He's played there plenty in the past. Could have trained this week. Was a schoolboys NSW rep 7 with Burton at 6

We should remember Munster, Hughes, Hynes all made an easy conversion to the halves from fullback. Barba went the opposite way as did Jason Alchin for us, Jai Field in Super League etc. Tracey has also played in the halves
One week training lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Sexton dropping off the reserves list, I’d say our pnly hope is Hutch starts the match and then is replaced by Taffy at some point. Or he’s shifted to lock when Taffy comes on. Judging by Ciro’s comments this is likely. Also the fact Heyward is there, means there’s a few possibilities.

The best thing that Ciro said though, which gives me confidence, is that Taffy is in our best 17 players, that’s why he’s in the team. I completely agree with that mentality. Pick your best players.

It’s a bit of a worry having only 2 bench forwards (not including Heyward who could play lock) but the fact is, Ciro doesn’t use some for very long anyway and it hasn’t seemed to be detrimental.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Ciraldo picking Taaffe on the bench this weekend. Surely it has to be as a replacement for Hutcho at some stage to see how he goes at 7. He's not there to rest Tracey, Burton or Mahoney. I just hope we don't suffer an injury in the backs but even if that happens Hayward can help cover some too and he'd be the cover for Mahoney as well.

It 100% has to be a plan to replace Hutcho at some stage unless injuries force Ciraldo's hand or unless Hutcho is having a blinder which we all know is never gonna happen.

I hope Taaffe gets at least 10 minutes before halftime and all or most of the second half. If he starts as a Ciraldo surprise for the Knights even better !

Thoughts ?
Hutch is not a half back and I don’t care if we win tonight he should not be playing half back…..look at the nippy half backs like the Dolphins had last night…look at the difference they make to the attack of their teams. What does Sexton have to do to get a game at half? Throwing Taffe in on the bench to come on later to take the place of Hutch is stupid…either start with Taffe or leave him out of the team

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Sexton dropping off the reserves list, I’d say our pnly hope is Hutch starts the match and then is replaced by Taffy at some point. Or he’s shifted to lock when Taffy comes on. Judging by Ciro’s comments this is likely. Also the fact Heyward is there, means there’s a few possibilities.

The best thing that Ciro said though, which gives me confidence, is that Taffy is in our best 17 players, that’s why he’s in the team. I completely agree with that mentality. Pick your best players.

It’s a bit of a worry having only 2 bench forwards (not including Heyward who could play lock) but the fact is, Ciro doesn’t use some for very long anyway and it hasn’t seemed to be detrimental.
Even if Taffe gets on he probably will put him on for the last 10 minutes…..what a waste of a bench player

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be happy to see anyone given a try over Hutcho whether that be Taaffe, Sexton, Hayward, BBO or O'Neill

Hutcho isn't that good a defender either. He lets a try in every week. If we're picking 7's on defence we might as well have kept Flano LOL

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe probably slots in at hooker given Ciraldo talking about him doing damage around tired forwards.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will get dropped halfway through the season. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Ciraldo picking Taaffe on the bench this weekend. Surely it has to be as a replacement for Hutcho at some stage to see how he goes at 7. He's not there to rest Tracey, Burton or Mahoney. I just hope we don't suffer an injury in the backs but even if that happens Hayward can help cover some too and he'd be the cover for Mahoney as well.

It 100% has to be a plan to replace Hutcho at some stage unless injuries force Ciraldo's hand or unless Hutcho is having a blinder which we all know is never gonna happen.

I hope Taaffe gets at least 10 minutes before halftime and all or most of the second half. If he starts as a Ciraldo surprise for the Knights even better !

Thoughts ?
Spot on as I called it last week on TK so I'm very happy he's on the bench. The coach would be a fool to replace Tracey with Taaffe. If Taaffe succeeds at 7 then the only possible long term role I see for Hutch in the team is to play the link man at lock like Radley and Yeo.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone going on about shifting hutch to lock please no he cant even tackle at 7