Opinion Latrell Mitchell

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is currently on 750K. Can we sign him for 2024 or will it cause salary cap issues. I mean Jackson's and Thomspon's money is $1.4 million together. With $1.4 million we can buy 1 and 7. Also, Stimson and Waddell's money can let us upgrade our juniors.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is currently on 750K. Can we sign him for 2024 or will it cause salary cap issues. I mean Jackson's and Thomspon's money is $1.4 million together. With $1.4 million we can buy 1 and 7. Also, Stimson and Waddell's money can let us upgrade our juniors.
We need one of S. Crichton, Walsh or Latrell (most to least likely imo, all unlikely). We have enough salary cap to buy Matterson for 2023 and Munster and S. Crichton for 2024 imo (obviously they need to accept, they will have other options, but we can be more than competitive with our offers). We'll just need to fill our 18-30 out with pretty much minimum wages/kids. When all we're missing is a marquee fullback and half I don't see why we wouldn't go/try to go down that path.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need one of S. Crichton, Walsh or Latrell (most to least likely imo, all unlikely). We have enough salary cap to buy Matterson for 2023 and Munster and S. Crichton for 2024 imo (obviously they need to accept, they will have other options, but we can be more than competitive with our offers). We'll just need to fill our 18-30 out with pretty much minimum wages/kids.
Jesse Arthars, Selwyn Cobbo, Adam Doueihi, Scott Drinkwater, Bailey Hodgson, Albert Hopoate, William Kennedy, Daine Laurie, Moses Mbye, Nick Meaney, Latrell Mitchell, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Sean Russell, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Starford To'a and Kaeo Weekes

Those are the fullbacks available. Every other fullback is signed long-term and isn't leaving their club...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think any fullback we attempt to sign, Burton should tag along. Then they do a 15 min field session where Burton bombs the shit out of them. Floaters, spirals, end over end, torpedoes. Then Burton should turn to the player and say join us. Or else next game I’m going to make you look like a clown.

Should be enough to seal the deal :p

Throw in some dynasty food. Some Gus Gould inspirational speech. And some dodgy 3rd party deals.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only have a handful of players signed for 2024 at this stage so come this November we can sign whoever the f..k we want for 2024 for overs obviously. Just a matter of making the maths / cap work.

We should finally make our f..king spine PRIORITY NUMBER ONE and sign the best fullback and half available even if that's Munster. To win the really big games we need one of the best halves in the comp definitely. I really think Munster would be capable of playing 7 more so than Burton. Then we fill the other positions as best we can. Fill the 30 with many young up and coming players on minimum or close to minimum wage and a few old experienced heads like Ava. There's plenty of diamonds to find among the rocks.

I'd go for Latrell and Munster as our first choices. I'd even sacrifice Burton "if we really need to" (save 500K too) and play Munster at 5/8 with BBO at 7 which I really think could work.

Last edited:

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need one of S. Crichton, Walsh or Latrell (most to least likely imo, all unlikely). We have enough salary cap to buy Matterson for 2023 and Munster and S. Crichton for 2024 imo (obviously they need to accept, they will have other options, but we can be more than competitive with our offers). We'll just need to fill our 18-30 out with pretty much minimum wages/kids. When all we're missing is a marquee fullback and half I don't see why we wouldn't go/try to go down that path.
Crichton would look like Corey Allen in our team

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah if we can get him, we should try and play him at fullback.

He has to get off the big macs however. It will be interesting to see his condition when he returns from injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah if we can get him, we should try and play him at fullback.

He has to get off the big macs however. It will be interesting to see his condition when he returns from injury.
I REALLY don't want Latrell but i wouldn't be surprised if Gus threw a fortune at him

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed, what happened to your Indian janitor friend? Does he know who the next coach is?

Reactions: DDR

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep agree, just a big injury trap this bloke.
We need to be prioritising an established half and that's it, i don't care if we spend massive overs on getting one because the deal will be worth it if we get the right half. Fullback doesn't require a large investment, there's always players popping up in the role so either develop what we have or make an astute signing and go from there.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all these players mentioned, I see the most upside in Scott Drinkwater.

He has proven to be a game changer & wouldn't cost us the world - I'd guess you could maybe get him now for under the $600k mark, not sure.

I like the way he seems to set the tempo of how his team plays, always up & on the front foot & the rest follow.

Also offers versatility being able to cover the halves as well.

Maybe Todd Payten might bring him over with him IF/When he becomes our coach ................................... lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton would look like Corey Allen in our team
S. Crichton's the closest thing to a Manu and Allan was a dud before we bought him. If we had a spine of S. Crichton, Burton, Munster and Mahoney everyone would look good.