Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell has lazy D, but he's young and needs training. I reckon Rooters will move Teddy on after this contract with a view that LAtrell will then be ready to be FB
The ink hasn't even dried and you're shipping Tedesco off and thinking Latrell will sit around sooking for 4 years haha. Nah mate.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can confirm that Latrell Mitchell had a massive blow up with Robinson after the Brisbane match. His teammates sided with the coach & he is on the nose. After the Roosters were unbeaten after 4 rounds, he was being spoken about as a possible origin bolter. He was the NRL's leading try scorer & then things turned sour. He was ill before the Manly game and shouldn't have played. He told no one. Against Brisbane he was dreadful & didn't like being hooked. Make no mistake he wants to play fullback not centre. He is currently on around 200K until 2019. If someone comes in with an offer 3 times that, he'll ask for a release. Souths are the front runners. I still believe Dugan is on the Dogs radar, even though Mitchell would cost them less.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be overwhelmed if we signed Dugan. I hope he stays with the dragons.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What so Jackson, Finucane, Kas, Mbye, Elliott, Klem, Reynolds, Latu, Sezer, Montoya are all rubbish? Sometimes it's just a matter of timing, recruitment and breeding. We would be hard pressed to compete with the regional teams, the western suburbs and Dragons, but against all the others we do reasonably well. We may not have been able to keep them all but we did develop them.
How many of them developed since Hasler? Jackson, Finucane, Kas, Mbye, Klem, Reynolds, Latu, Sezer all before Hasler. Which leaves just Elliott & Montoya. Not a lot in 5.5 years is it?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Mate, he hates the club for snubbing him and his brother when they were trialling with the club years ago.

Add in that Roosters have unlimited salary cap.

Snowballs chance in hell Roosters will release him:

1. James Tedesco (signed long term)
2. Tupou / SKD (one of them re-signed) - I'd say Tupou re-signed.
3. Fergo / JTS / SKD (one of them re-signed) - I'd say SKD re-signed as Fergo has been terrible this year.
4. Joseph Manu (signed till end of 2018)
5. Latrell Mitchell (signed till end of 2019)
Skd signed with the Knights around a week ago

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths will get him. They'll pitch the whole community leader thing and GI will mentor him.

We stand little chance unless we brown paper bag and offer the "three times" innovator was speaking about through salary cap.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it will take 600k to sign him up I say no. while he has a huge upside he is a big risk. sounds like someone that has a huge chip on his shoulder and that thinks he is owed something. we have too much many tied up in potential in Mbye. I think he'd be like an Idris and go walkabout. that said if he would come over for like 350 - 400 to prove himself. I wouldn't say no.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How many of them developed since Hasler? Jackson, Finucane, Kas, Mbye, Klem, Reynolds, Latu, Sezer all before Hasler. Which leaves just Elliott & Montoya. Not a lot in 5.5 years is it?
Given that the oldest of them is what 24 and the youngest 19 I would say he had a role in developing all of them. They're just the ones I can think of. I'm pretty sure the stats show that only about 1 player per year from each U20's side makes it in the big show so on that basis he is going OK. It's just typical of the anti-Hasler nonsense. The truth is that the FG coach in every team has little to do with the development of a young player until they make FG and by then they already know how to play footy. You need to look at the junior coaches to see who develops who and if I'm not mistaken most of ours have been former Dogs players who have the DNA in their blood - don't they?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want him, would be a amazing backline wit youth and experience

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many players has singned since coming over.
Brett morrisy( his brother got him) and woods(klemmer got him) dont count.
The only player he has attracted is trex.bwa ha ha ha

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should the dogs look into signing him.

Why can't I vote yes and no???? I'm undecided :grinning:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How many players has singned since coming over.
Brett morrisy( his brother got him) and woods(klemmer got him) dont count.
The only player he has attracted is trex.bwa ha ha ha
Interesting how people see things. Why don't you actually ask the players whether they would rather play for Des or someone else and guess what they all want to stay. How many players have we lost over that same period that haven't been let go for other reasons? Tim Browne? T-rex? finuncane? Not much really and even those were due to the cap.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that Latrell Mitchell had a massive blow up with Robinson after the Brisbane match. His teammates sided with the coach & he is on the nose. After the Roosters were unbeaten after 4 rounds, he was being spoken about as a possible origin bolter. He was the NRL's leading try scorer & then things turned sour. He was ill before the Manly game and shouldn't have played. He told no one. Against Brisbane he was dreadful & didn't like being hooked. Make no mistake he wants to play fullback not centre. He is currently on around 200K until 2019. If someone comes in with an offer 3 times that, he'll ask for a release. Souths are the front runners. I still believe Dugan is on the Dogs radar, even though Mitchell would cost them less.
This is the last bit of my two bobs worth re contracting Latrell Mitchell:

But looking at Latrell Mitchell, he is contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2019. But I'd say he would have the shits with the Roosters as he has already told them he wants to only play at fullback, but now they've bought Tedesco. So would the Roosters release a rising 19 year old with the shits or say no to his release and throw him a number 3 or 4 jersey and say "This is where you're at with us".

So from what you've said Innovator he's got the shits with the Roosters and they've got the shits with him; so they may not want him anywhere near first grade. With a bit of decent negotiation we would have to be a show of getting hold of him. There's talk about the Rabbitohs being in front of the Bulldogs as favourites to sign him but I think we've got a better football club than they have and a better team to play for. Money is always a big thing in negotiations but playing with winners instead of losers is a big deal too.

Last edited:

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the last bit of my two bobs worth re contracting Latrell Mitchell:

But looking at Latrell Mitchell, he is contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2019. But I'd say he would have the shits with the Roosters as he has already told them he wants to only play at fullback, but now they've bought Tedesco. So would the Roosters release a rising 19 year old with the shits or say no to his release and throw him a number 3 or 4 jersey and say "This is where you're at with us".

So from what you've said Innovator he's got the shits with the Roosters and they've got the shits with him; so they may not want him anywhere near first grade. With a bit of decent negotiation we would have to be a show of getting hold of him. There's talk about the Rabbitohs being in front of the Bulldogs as favourites to sign him but I think we've got a better football club than they have and a better team to play for. Money is always a big thing in negotiations but playing with winners instead of losers is a big deal too.
Can't disagree with any of that. The reason why Souths are in front of the Dogs, is Greg Inglis. He and Mitchell have been spotted together recently and they weren't discussing the weather. How many times have we seen a player under contract getting a release because of a much better deal. Developments overnight with SKD out for what looks like the rest of 2017, could again change the landscape. Mitchell will be back next week. Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.