Late Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA and Brisbane have both suffered match-eve losses before their clash tonight at WIN Stadium. The Dragons have lost Neville Costigan to a hip injury, with Jeremy Smith expected to start at lock and Chase Stanley set to come off the bench.

Dragons coach Wayne Bennett has taken Jon Green and Jason Nightingale off his interchange. Centre Matt Cooper (heel) trained relatively strongly and is tipped to play.

The Broncos lost centre Alex Glenn to an ankle injury, with coach Ivan Henjak drafting in Guy Williams and Steve Michaels as potential replacements. Curiously, Henjak nominated prop Dave Taylor as a candidate to spend time in the centres.

Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson has added Feleti Mateo to an extended bench against Wests Tigers tonight at the SFS, strongly suggesting he will return from a biceps injury. Daine Laurie and Dene Halatau both trained yesterday as standby for Keith Galloway, who has a hand problem, but the red-headed Tigers prop is expected to play.

Wingers Keith Lulia (ankle) and Cooper Vuna (knee), and forwards Danny Wicks (sternum) and Steve Simpson (concussion) remain in doubt for Newcastle against North Queensland tomorrow. Wicks is the more unlikely of them to play, with Cory Paterson on standby. Steve Rapira did not travel with North Queensland yesterday, leaving coach Neil Henry with an 18-man squad to choose from. Centre Willie Tonga is expected to play despite suffering concussion last Friday night against the Bulldogs.

Luke Lewis (hip) and Brad Tighe (knee) are expected to play for Penrith against South Sydney tomorrow night; if they are ruled fit, Adam Woolnough and Tim Grant will likely miss out.

Canberra have lost a representative forward in Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (hamstring) but may gain another in David Shillington, who had a fitness test on a pectoral problem last night. Centre Joel Monaghan (knee) was also due to have a fitness test. Warriors coach Ivan Cleary is yet to decide on the final make-up of his squad.

Assuming Gold Coast are without fullback William Zillman, suspended for four matches but awaiting word on leave to appeal, replacement Preston Campbell is also battling to play in the game against Cronulla because of ankle and knee problems. Brenton Bowen trained at fullback yesterday, with Mat Rogers expected to play at five-eighth and Esi Tonga in the centres.

Cronulla are expected to be ''1-17'' after Paul Gallen (groin) trained yesterday. Misi Taulapapa and Bryan Norrie also trained but are not expected to join the line-up.

Melbourne officials insist only the dropping of charges against Greg Inglis will see the star centre considered for the grand final rematch on Sunday against Manly. Sea Eagles officials maintain fullback Brett Stewart will not return from a knee injury, with coach Des Hasler still to decide on his squad.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore is confident Jarrad Hickey (concussion) and fullback Luke Patten (ankle) will play against the Roosters on Monday night, although Michael Hodgson will have a fitness test on a calf complaint today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...ame-for-dragons/2009/08/20/1250362166214.html

Doesnt mention anything about Ben Roberts, looks like hes fit and ready to line up to belt the roosters :D

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dave Taylor in the centres...lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Willie Mason to fullback against the bulldogs.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I still dont know how Jeremy Smith is able to play after that LATE and HIGH tackle

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cos he only hit a Raiders player, and NOBODY gives 2 ****s about the Raiders lol.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Neville Catsigan= Biggest myth in the NRL.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
As long as Steve Michaels doesnt come back into the team Ill be happy, or at least he doesnt come into the starting side.. I mean hello he gets dropped and we start winning :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently he's back, QLDGirl.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
For real? I knew they were talking about it but for real for real. I always end up wanting to punch things when I watch Michaels play :(

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For real? I knew they were talking about it but for real for real. I always end up wanting to punch things when I watch Michaels play :(
Hahahaha. he's not that bad. He won't be the difference between a win and a loss.

(Hopes it doesn't come back to bite me :p)

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Maybe not the real difference in the end but definately a contribution and more likely to a loss ... yes harsh, but he really has got on my nerves this season :(:p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe not the real difference in the end but definately a contribution and more likely to a loss ... yes harsh, but he really has got on my nerves this season :(:p
Blame Cullen or Hanjak, your team goes alright.

I hope you guys don't finish seventh TBH. I've learnt since I started following football to never, ever write two teams off. My team and your team.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I blame Cullen. Alot.

Yeah although a few rounds ago I was pretty much resigned to us missing the finals, but now there is hope so anything that threatens that hope (i.e out of form players) annoys me haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.