Lachlan Lewis v Josh Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis’ kicking game is waaaay better than Reynolds. Long kicks especially.
Still needs time to learn the right areas to kick to, but his kicks are very deliberate and he seems to have heaps of time on the ball.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, Lewis can actually tackle for a start, Reynolds bounces of players like a pin ball, then is known for his tripping antics after getting frustrated. Lewis is a composed player, Reynolds loses his cool way to easily. Lewis has a decent long boot on him, Reynolds does not. Lewis plays direct, Reynolds does a zoidberg crabbing act across the field.
Aside from the fact that they both play in the 6 Jersey, and as snowmann pointed out both have 12 letters in their names, that's where the similarities end

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eight years difference but the Prince is a much better footy player. Reynolds has passion but plenty of brain farts and no real plan. Lewis is better at the same age and will improve. Very level headed and never takes a backward step.
As op said

upload_2018-7-29_20-3-36.jpeg AND upload_2018-7-29_20-4-13.jpeg

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heaps better defence but still doesn’t know how to grubber just like Reynolds. But he’s way better Reynolds was shit house

Malla

Reaction score
Very similar type players. I am basing it off what i have seen Lachlan play a few games. He is still young and raw and will get better, but from what i have seen, here are a few things.

Both rely on that energy/passion.

Both have very average kicking games and what is frightning is they both dont look like natural kickers. That is when they kick, both of there styles look very akward.

Both dont really have natural flare in attack. Josh has a really good step and acceleration off the mark. Josh also developed an ok pass.

Where Lachlan is far far far far different is in defense. His technique is awesome and is very very sound in defense.

I know Lachlan is very young, but i see alot of similarities between the 2 in terms of what they can bring to a team, especially on offense.
I don't know what you are looking at but they are 2 completely different players.

Lachlan is far more skillfull and talented than Reynolds. Lewis' short kicking game is pretty good for a rookie, will only get better. I dont know if you have noticed but he has done a pretty good job forcing drop outs, Reynolds could never do this. Heck, Lewis is probably even a better support player than Reynolds.

Lewis right now is probably already a better footy player than Reynolds tbh. He looks like he was born to play first grade. He was average at best in ISP but coming in to first grade he has taken a massive leap. The best thing about kid is that even after signing his contract he still puts in.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently we in are or were going in talks with drinkwater, half/fullback from manly from memory, hasnt made nrl debut yet, interesting...
There is still some really good young talent available espicially in outside backs.
Opaciac / brian kelly/ faumiono / ava/ field etc

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know what you are looking at but they are 2 completely different players.

Lachlan is far more skillfull and talented than Reynolds. Lewis' short kicking game is pretty good for a rookie, will only get better. I dont know if you have noticed but he has done a pretty good job forcing drop outs, Reynolds could never do this. Heck, Lewis is probably even a better support player than Reynolds.

Lewis right now is probably already a better footy player than Reynolds tbh. He looks like he was born to play first grade. He was average at best in ISP but coming in to first grade he has taken a massive leap. The best thing about kid is that even after signing his contract he still puts in.
I agree and i cant compare them. Lachlan has already proven his skills in defence, kicking and most important his reading of the game. I was impressed with his improvement with his drop outs such a powerful boot so far. Your right in his attitude as well. His playing has hard as ever. To think this kid is only going to get better in time and with better players around him will be exactly what we need at the bulldogs. Creating our own champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.