Kyle Flanagan

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest frustrations about Barrett is his dummy half rotation. Fucking pathetic.
100% agree! He plays JMK way too long and he struggles to make it back to dummy half. His service gets even worse due to fatigue. He needs to get off the 30 min mark, play BBO until 50 min and JMK to finish the game.

I understand this wastes 2 interchanges..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He made the most important tackles especially towards the back end of the game
Appreciate that but he’s the halfback and we need a 7 who can threaten the line

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass selection and running game were horrible. Through Burton a couple of hospital balls. His defence was excellent and he put in some safe high percentage kicks. I’d like to see BBO playing halves in reggies and getting ready to take over from Kyle at the back end of the season.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is useless, no vision whatsoever. Can't play what's in front of him. So many times he just threw the ball to Burton who was smashed as defense waiting for the predictable pass.
JMK is even worse.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
He needs to put some size on but I understand he’s not genetically gifted
even smaller halfbacks like jahrome hughes take on the line. flano doesn't seem to be able to spot gaps in the defensive line and use a bit of footwork to at least beat the first defender and get a quick play-the-ball. just gets swallowed up.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS stop the complaining. Enjoy the moment.

How good is it to wake up on a Sunday morning with a win.

Seeing JAC in full flight kissing the jersey after a try. Must have replayed it 20 times already.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bro but watch the game again. You can hate the bloke but he tackled his ass off and stopped a few half breaks by Teddy. Bigger score line against us if he didn’t tackle like he did
this is true but as a halfback don’t you think he needs to do more than this?
doesn’t he need to create space for his backs?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
even smaller halfbacks like jahrome hughes take on the line. flano doesn't seem to be able to spot gaps in the defensive line and use a bit of footwork to at least beat the first defender and get a quick play-the-ball. just gets swallowed up.
And this proves how average he is in attack. I don't believe this whole notion of "he's too afraid to get hit" because he clearly does the hard yards in defence i.e last night's game.

I hope he proves me and everyone else wrong by working on his pass selections, engaging the line etc... but I just can't see it happening.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought Flanno was better without having to look for Jacko every set to ball play. The more time he gets not having to worry about that the better he will get. His defence was great and the attack will come if Baz can be clear on the attacking structure going forward. I have been a critic of Flanno but he is the best current option.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Persist with Flanno and Burton rest of season - I’m sick of the chop and change

Flanno wasn’t awesome last night in attack but he was huge defensively shutting down some raids and looked like he had good chat, directing the big boys in the middle

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Attack isn’t his fault it’s so obvious our problem is we are so slow playing the ball then JMK is super slow getting the ball out
Yeah sure but he’s the halfback and should be demanding the footy. I cannot understand for the life of me why he’s very rarely at first receiver in the attacking zone. I recall last night Burton gets tackled on the 5th 10 out from the Chooks line and Flanno was no where to be seen on the last. There’s been a lot of mud directed at Burto but in his defence he’s been expected to play the role of half and 5/8 which is way too much to ask of an inexperienced 22 year old.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah sure but he’s the halfback and should be demanding the footy. I cannot understand for the life of me why he’s very rarely at first receiver in the attacking zone. I recall last night Burton gets tackled on the 5th 10 out from the Chooks line and Flanno was no where to be seen on the last. There’s been a lot of mud directed at Burto but in his defence he’s been expected to play the role of half and 5/8 which is way too much to ask of an inexperienced 22 year old.
How can we get you in to coach?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah but even our forwards they don’t fight hard enough to get on their fronts and get a quick play the ball
Fitness is bad
Yeah was watching Roosters last night and they would get 3 in defence and drive our forwards back. As soon as our players came in and pushed back to stop the drive, they used that push back by switching to an easy take down with a twist that left the ball carrier on his back with 2 on him and the 3rd already getting back in the defensive line, enabling them to establish complete ruck dominance consistently. We don't have that sort of planning and/or execution in our defence and seem to do it one dimensionally without any real technique.