Knockonbor Defensive Effort

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor is not a first grader. Along with Hayze. The bigger problem is them being in the team. Not them missing tackles.

Hayze, Alamoti, Okunbor, Flange, Edwards, Wilson, Knight, King, Waddell are not first 13 players at any club (some would struggle to start in nsw cup in the run on side). And that there is the reason we are the worst attacking and defensive team in the comp. It’s not Gus. It’s team selections and shit players.

And I get Ciro wants good trainers, but the amount of shirt grabbers out there today was sickening to watch. I know Ciro doesn’t think fans should boo the players…… but fans shouldn’t be allowed to pay to watch that crap either. 10 weeks of getting 30+ against you every week isn’t good enough.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt belong in FG..
Doesnt belong in any fuckin team. The **** literally just tagged him and gave the fuck up.

I hope the ***** career goes down the toilet over there and pursues another career like a plumber, cause all he delivers is SHIT

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He gave it up cos the ref called him not square. So rather than tackle him and give up the penalty, allowing us to get a breather and reset, he let him go.

Of course if he’d have marked up square, he could’ve tackled him (or pathetically tried anyway).

Add him to the list of players that checked out weeks ago and are just happy to collect a paycheque for going through the motions

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor is not a first grader. Along with Hayze. The bigger problem is them being in the team. Not them missing tackles.

Hayze, Alamoti, Okunbor, Flange, Edwards, Wilson, Knight, King, Waddell are not first 13 players at any club (some would struggle to start in nsw cup in the run on side). And that there is the reason we are the worst attacking and defensive team in the comp. It’s not Gus. It’s team selections and shit players.

And I get Ciro wants good trainers, but the amount of shirt grabbers out there today was sickening to watch. I know Ciro doesn’t think fans should boo the players…… but fans shouldn’t be allowed to pay to watch that crap either. 10 weeks of getting 30+ against you every week isn’t good enough.
The bigger problem is that there are not genuine replacements who are better than those players you mentioned

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've hooked juniors for shit like that.

Honestly I would of hooked both him and Kikau just for that and would of made sure everyone knew I did hook them for that.
i think kikau was hooked in first half

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tries his ass off but not sure how he made it back to first grade last week, why did they dump Pele?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We hated Des for our boring attack but one thing you have to give him credit for is that blokes like Okunbor would never had a played a game of first grade if he was coach. Des hated turnstiles and he at least upheld that standard of effort and defense so no arm grabbers filtered through.

The Burton bomb wouldn't be allowed because it's such a low percentage play.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Let's not be too harsh on Okunbor.

DCE stepped to Okunbor's right and Okunbor was experienced enough and talented enough to raise his right arm (ie not his left arm). Also, if you watch the replay closely, I think Okunbor may have lightly brushed DCE's shoulder as DCE ran past him for the try - so it's not like Okunbor missed him completely.*

Anyway, that standard of "defence" is in keeping with the rest of this mob in 2023. By far the most points conceded of any team and we deserve to be last - we are a disgrace.

*for those who are unsure, I am being heavily sarcastic

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Bad by Okunbour but how did Burton, Hayze, Fox etc not chase down a 34 yo DCE or at least make him pass?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perham would make a go at centre or wing but isn’t a fullback think everyone acknowledges this except ciraldud
He did look half decent at Centre when the switch was made and had an involvement in one of our tries

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's not be too harsh on Okunbor.

DCE stepped to Okunbor's right and Okunbor was experienced enough and talented enough to raise his right arm (ie not his left arm). Also, if you watch the replay closely, I think Okunbor may have lightly brushed DCE's shoulder as DCE ran past him for the try - so it's not Okunbor missed him completely.*

Anyway, that standard of "defence" is in keeping with the rest of this mob in 2023. By far the most points conceded of any team and we deserve to be last - we are a disgrace.

*for those who are unsure, I am being heavily sarcastic
That was a pure footballer move that DCE put on the athlete.