Fox Sports Klemmer

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long have we been hearing this ‘Bulldogs DNA’ bullshit?

Klemmer bailed on the club during its toughest time, is that the so called Bulldogs DNA you’re talking about?
From Klemmer Pov his close friends and some of our best players were moved on for one reason or another (before and after salary cap problems) and with how F'd we'd be for years to come due to our salary cap position, little to no chance of playing finals footy, can you really blame him for wanting to bail.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t get confused by he’s stats. I’ve watched hes games over last 12 months. Jogs into the line, tries to baby step another couple meters for hes stats. Doesn’t cause any pain to defenders, occasional offload which again isn’t an around corner style. It’s I’ll stand and throw a telegraphed ball out the back, usually with no benefit. Big body, yet a pass from me. Rather a small forward who runs as hard as he can

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t get confused by he’s stats. I’ve watched hes games over last 12 months. Jogs into the line, tries to baby step another couple meters for hes stats. Doesn’t cause any pain to defenders, occasional offload which again isn’t an around corner style. It’s I’ll stand and throw a telegraphed ball out the back, usually with no benefit. Big body, yet a pass from me. Rather a small forward who runs as hard as he can
Makes metres and isn't going to get dominated in tackles (also has size, aggression), I think I saw he missed less than 10 tackles all this year too. An experienced forward who at worst would do a job for us. We have literally no chance next year with our current middles stocks. I think he'd offer us similar output to King (who I assume 90% of our fan base is fine with). If it stops us getting someone like May for 2025 maybe we don't do it, but it'd help us a lot for next year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How long have we been hearing this ‘Bulldogs DNA’ bullshit?

Klemmer bailed on the club during its toughest time, is that the so called Bulldogs DNA you’re talking about?
I held that against him a bit. But given the fact that props are rare as hens teeth on the market right now I'd probably be willing to see him return.

I had hit the point of not thinking that highly of him before he left though. Pissed me off to see him playing aggressive football in rep teams and taking his foot off the gas at club level. We needed leadership from him then, but he bailed. I'd be happy with him just being the work horse rather than expecting leadership to suddenly emerge. But according to reports in the past, he lost his rep spot originally because his attitude became a bit toxic. If that's still an issue with him, it might be a deterrent for the club. We're trying to create a good attitude right now and if Klemmer is still the 04 Dreaming of his team, we might avoid him.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes metres and isn't going to get dominated in tackles (also has size, aggression), I think I saw he missed less than 10 tackles all this year too. An experienced forward who at worst would do a job for us. We have literally no chance next year with our current middles stocks. I think he'd offer us similar output to King (who I assume 90% of our fan base is fine with). If it stops us getting someone like May for 2025 maybe we don't do it, but it'd help us a lot for next year.
He’s stats are very misleading on hes value. Has no impact on anything. Pointless signing, there’s a reason teams try and offload him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s stats are very misleading on hes value. Has no impact on anything. Pointless signing, there’s a reason teams try and offload him.
Knight gave him their player of the year award and only let him go because they desperately needed a half and had both Saifiti brothers + Thompson. Tiger clearing funds to buy a half. He'd be on less money here. For us next year if we pick Klemmer up at the right price (~500k) I think it'd be hard to say he wouldn't add value.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes developed a nice offload over the yrs too

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knight gave him their player of the year award and only let him go because they desperately needed a half and had both Saifiti brothers + Thompson. Tiger clearing funds to buy a half. He'd be on less money here. For us next year if we pick Klemmer up at the right price (~500k) I think it'd be hard to say he wouldn't add value.
You make some very valid points. I’m still a no on us taking Klemmer back on deck though.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be biased but i feel he played his best footy whilst at the dogs,
He was elite when he was with us. Has dropped off big time.
Probably better than anyone we have though. Take him for 500k max