Klemmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After his performances for NSW you can tell he wants to win those games.

I haven't seen klem put in performances like that for us in a long time.

Anyone think there's problems amongst the playing group with hasler?

It has to be questioned because there's a major difference in performance. Even Brett Morris seemed more switched on in origin.

Jackson is different he's Mr reliable his performances never change

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you are 200cm and 120+ kg your biggest asset is momentum. Hitting up the ball with speed and pumping your legs.

It's a bit hard with our structure when he catches it flat footed and the defence is 5 meters away from him because the pass went through 1-2 hands to get to him.

Klemmer is the most drustructive forward in the game and the hardest man to defend. Only problem is we are playing him too tight at lock and not letting him steam onto it. His best carries are usually off kick offs or drop outs if it comes to him. Usually tolman gets it and plods for 10-15 meters.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Peats gives early ball so the forwards don't have to accelerate into their run after catching the ball. With Lichaa all our forwards get late ball with the defense in their face. I think that more than personal motivation is why Klemmer looks like he's playing harder in rep games. It's been the same with Graham when he plays international football.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest difference in my opinion is that he is coming off the bench for nsw in the most physical and fastest game the NRL has to offer.

This doesn't mean I want him coming off the bench for the Bulldogs but you can't deny that it would help him in making as many metres as he has.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get the different systems and stuff.

I just feel he looks more determined for SOO and he's not as fussed anymore for us

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klemmer receives the ball flat footed and has to play the role of ball distributor sometimes under Des.

For NSW his role is to get deep run onto the ball and get as many metres/quick play the balls as possible.

Fuck Des

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If it is the case that our systems are stopping Klemm from running hard then clearly Taulau will never play another game for us because I watched him on the weekend stand back 20m and charge onto the ball. I can't believe Des didn't hook him there and then. How dare he run onto the ball when our systems are specifically designed for catching the ball while standing still and then falling into the opposition.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klem was the best forward last night, see what a decent coach can do with a undersized pack and a gameplan. Sign walters now.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you are 200cm and 120+ kg your biggest asset is momentum. Hitting up the ball with speed and pumping your legs.

It's a bit hard with our structure when he catches it flat footed and the defence is 5 meters away from him because the pass went through 1-2 hands to get to him.

Klemmer is the most drustructive forward in the game and the hardest man to defend. Only problem is we are playing him too tight at lock and not letting him steam onto it. His best carries are usually off kick offs or drop outs if it comes to him. Usually tolman gets it and plods for 10-15 meters.

its no rocket science is it? i am sure you are not over 1 million a year to come up with simple tactic like this.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
After his performances for NSW you can tell he wants to win those games.

I haven't seen klem put in performances like that for us in a long time.

Anyone think there's problems amongst the playing group with hasler?

It has to be questioned because there's a major difference in performance. Even Brett Morris seemed more switched on in origin.

Jackson is different he's Mr reliable his performances never change
I think the answer is simple, just imagine you are a player at our club at the moment. Would anyone here really say that if they were playing that they would be statisfied and enjoying what we do? I think our players are way beyond over it. Also imagine your short footy career is being wasted and hurt by your coach......anyone still want to play for Hasler??? Hasler is all about completions and watching last nights game there was an example of high completions while still playing footy the way it was meant to be played. At our club we try high completions through passing it as little as possible with nil risk and to the point where forwards would take 4 out of every 6 tackles per set. The players are bored and no doubt over our current set up. Hell Hasler doesn't even have the stats to proves his style works, quite the opposite really!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler has turned our props into pussy's

A prop is to run straight and hard and play tough, none of this ball playing halfback rubbish.

Have a look at the Storm and Rooters, their front row runs straight and hard and hits hard in defence.

Hasler is a knob

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Origin last night all QLD forwards ran straight and hard as well as hit hard in D. If an offload was on they popped it.

And how did NSW props play?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A mate of mine was at the official after function at the Sofitel Brisbane last night.

He said there were big wraps for Klem in how he played from everyone.

Have to say i agree - and i agree that i wish/hope he can carry that into his Club footy.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get the different systems and stuff.

I just feel he looks more determined for SOO and he's not as fussed anymore for us
I think because it seemed winning Origin was more possible than us winning the premiership

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wish he'd run more fluently and no pumping leg action. Kinda stops his impact a little. Sometimes he looks like he's playing hop scotch!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Forget all the ball playing shit run straight and hard with aggression that's what forwards do....just not at the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.