Klemmer Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rule book about touching referees couldn't be any clearer: "In the course of play, there will sometimes be accidental contact between a player and a match official such as the Referee. This does not constitute an offence. However, careless, reckless or intentional contact by a player with a match official may constitute conduct contrary to the true spirit of the game and amount to an offence."
And there we have it. The get out clause....may, so they can obviously please themselves.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing the footage of both Klemmer and Merrin 'touching' the ref, I just have to laugh.. firstly for Klemmer to be charged and Merrin not (I mean, surely this is discrimination?) and secondly because we are debating it in the first place.. the whole 'touching' thing is clearly for circumstances related to users attacking the ref/patting on the back in a smart-ass way etc.. which would obviously be outside the 'spirit of the game'.

Anybody who thinks Klemmer deserves a game or 2 for this is having a laugh, especially if he ends up being the only one from the weekend to miss a game from it. As assassin said earlier, if it wasn't for the DOGS I'd be watching nothing else but the EPL.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's literally laughable how incompetent an organisation can be. All the fans, players and league community ask for from the NRL is more leadership and consistency, and less hypocrisy.
$2 million has been poured into the NRL Bunker and yet with multiple camera angles they still fail to pick up a blatant incident, that being of Merrin touching an official. I'm very keen to hear the NRL's response.
Archer and Greenburg should be coerced into delivering an explanation.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's literally laughable how incompetent an organisation can be. All the fans, players and league community ask for from the NRL is more leadership and consistency, and less hypocrisy.
$2 million has been poured into the NRL Bunker and yet with multiple camera angles they still fail to pick up a blatant incident, that being of Merrin touching an official. I'm very keen to hear the NRL's response.
Archer and Greenburg should be coerced into delivering an explanation.
Oh they saw it, but chose to sweep it under the rug because he doesn't wear the blue and white.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Any word on if Roberts has been charged as yet?

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Rugby league is succeeding despite the administration.

If you have something against a particular club, then at least be subtle about it. Can't even manage that.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Any word on if Roberts has been charged as yet?
Not that I know of, but love his managers take on it

"It would be very sad if James sat out for a week over that," said Roberts' manager, Jeremy Donovan.

"It doesn't look like James is looking at the person he taps on the chest. All of his teammates are around when he puts his hand out. I'd be disappointed if that was the case because there was no interaction between James and the referee, he wasn't engaged with or looking at him.

"He gets out of the scrum and he didn't approach the ref, he wasn't looking. It's a pretty different scenario to the David Klemmer situation and I think you could argue that fairly easily.

"You've got to remember the referee is wearing a yellow jersey and there are flecks of yellow on the Broncos' one. It could have been an easy mistake to make."

Yep, the Broncos jersey is almost identical to the refs one :rolleyes:

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard the dogs will fight the charge

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
NRL Bulldogs ‏@NRL_Bulldogs 2m2 minutes ago
The club has decided that it will fight the Grade 1 - Contrary Conduct charge handed down on David Klemmer. Hearing time and date TBA

Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL 35s35 seconds ago
Bulldogs confirm they'll be taking David Klemmer's case to the judiciary

FOX SPORTS News ‏@FOXSportsNews 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: @NRL_Bulldogs will fight the Grade 1 - Contrary Conduct charge handed to David Klemmer for contact with referee #NRL
Good shit this could be interesting trying to see their (judiciary)take on it and the others that MRC so conveniently missed.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rugby league is succeeding despite the administration.

If you have something against a particular club, then at least be subtle about it. Can't even manage that.
Can you imagine if the game had a half-decent administration? Footy would be an unstoppable force.

Very pleased we're fighting the charge. Interested to see how things pan out in the media over the next 24-48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.