Kiraz likely out

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson is only 1 week back after missing a few games. His match fitness would still be down. He was pretty quiet on the weekend whereas Skelton was his usual self. Skelton is a more like for like replacement for Kiraz. I hope he gets his opportunity. He's been killing it for weeks in regies. Just hope Ciraldo trusts his defence enough to give him another shot. I don't think Ciraldo is silly enough to move Tracey to cover wing and bring in Taaffe to fullback. If we have any chance of beating the Panthers we need Tracey at fullback.
Wilson did look under-done in cup last week. Didn't shirk his work and was safe, but had no zip. He's defended well in the system though so I'd say he's in now with that game under his belt. Hope I'm wrong in a way though, cause if Skelton got a go though and handled the defensive side, he'd be bloody hard to drop cause his attack will be awesome.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nothing negative about that, just being real. I’d be happy if we are competitive and not get smashed too badly.
The best thing is.....we go into this game and i genuinely feel we can win!

Haven't felt like this in a long time....

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will be a very interesting game .... both teams play a similar style and i am expecting a real arm-wrestle in a hostile environment.

If our big names perform to their best, we can compete with anyone in my opinion ..... Hoping Tracey is fit, he is vital.

Our pack has more than held their own this year .... it might come down to their power outside backs verses our speed merchants.

Or perhaps Burton v Cleary ??? ....

Could this be the game that Matt stamps himself as our very own gun player ??? .... Never thought i would be even thinking this a month ago but something has finally started to click.
I put my hand up, I was very critical after the first 2 games. I know believe anything is possible!
Yes I agree it could finally be Burtons moment!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love Skelton to start but knowing CC he will play Tracey on the wing to play Taaffe at FB.

deally:
Tracey
Skelton
Crichton
Xerri
JAC

CC Team’s
Taaffe
Tracey
Crichton
Xerri
JAC

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t care what’s being said by some supporters here .. I believe this team has the unity, the grit, the want, leadership and the coach to win against this Panthers squad …

Bring the right game plan, stick to it and want it bad enough and they’ll come away with not only the 2 points but a truck load of respect from the teams we play moving forward ..

I think what we’ve seen from their games against Storm, Souths, Roosters, they’re more than ready for this game …

bring it on …
Who knows? With the right mentality, tactics, and form, we should be able to get the job done and some.

Isaah Yeo was playing more direct and said it himself he wasn't ball playing as much for whatever reason, I suspect this might be a way for him to try retain his origin spot, to show he can toil. Besides The Chin, Yeo and his game management gets the Panthers flow going and him trying to play more direct may suit this Bulldogs team more. Plenty of game winners on that Panthers team, but Yeo may be doing us a favour. Good Dogs team throughout too, should be able to do something. Keep taking the 2 pointers too, trust our plays to get us up field again and our attack works well from the 40m anyway.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson did look under-done in cup last week. Didn't shirk his work and was safe, but had no zip. He's defended well in the system though so I'd say he's in now with that game under his belt. Hope I'm wrong in a way though, cause if Skelton got a go though and handled the defensive side, he'd be bloody hard to drop cause his attack will be awesome.
If Skelton can't get a run after his last few performances he might as well pack it in. Wilson looked down on energy. He needs to build up again. Probably lost a bit of weight. It would give the Panthers smaller backs plenty to fear with Kikau on one side and Skelton on the other

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Very slow and looked lethargic the poor bloke. Watched it live and he was struggling all game.
Big fan and was pissed when he was dropped for Fox when he wasn't match fit. But yeah it's clear he will take a month or so to get back up to speed.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Skelton can't get a run after his last few performances he might as well pack it in. Wilson looked down on energy. He needs to build up again. Probably lost a bit of weight. It would give the Panthers smaller backs plenty to fear with Kikau on one side and Skelton on the other
Plus Skelton was a stand out last year against Penrith we need the kick returns to.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care what’s being said by some supporters here .. I believe this team has the unity, the grit, the want, leadership and the coach to win against this Panthers squad …

Bring the right game plan, stick to it and want it bad enough and they’ll come away with not only the 2 points but a truck load of respect from the teams we play moving forward ..

I think what we’ve seen from their games against Storm, Souths, Roosters, they’re more than ready for this game …

bring it on …
I agree, but If CC would do something about the half back position, I think we would stand a much better chance of winning this game

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id much prefer him at fullback but if this is the case, i think he ll go, taafe fullback, tracey wing

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The best thing is.....we go into this game and i genuinely feel we can win!

Haven't felt like this in a long time....
I do feel we are in for a chance and thats saying something!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly don’t think we will beat them at home
So don’t want to risk injuries getting worse trying to win an extremely difficult if not impossible win
I know people don’t want to hear negativity
But let’s be real
Roosters have a much better team than Penrith on paper and we led them by 20+ points in the first half… I do think we are a chance at an upset. Mind you, I agree it’s going to be a tough one but I genuinely believe this team fears no one… it’s a remarkable turnaround from previous seasons