Kiraz likely out

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly don’t think we will beat them at home
So don’t want to risk injuries getting worse trying to win an extremely difficult if not impossible win
I know people don’t want to hear negativity
But let’s be real

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So don’t want to risk injuries getting worse trying to win an extremely difficult if not impossible win
But let’s be real
nothing negative about that, just being real. I’d be happy if we are competitive and not get smashed too badly.

Moey91

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But let’s be real
I get that theyre the 3x premiers, but teams are their worst enemies. I dont see why we can’t put up a fight against them?

I dont think its negativity but If we actually put our minds to it, we have a shot.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that theyre the 3x premiers, but teams are their worst enemies. I dont see why we can’t put up a fight against them?

I dont think its negativity but If we actually put our minds to it, we have a shot.
I think a lot of teams go into games against them a bit intimidated. Some can use that as motivation and other teams are put off their games by it.

Ideally we explode out of the gates and suffocate their attack before it gets rolling.

up_theDogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think a lot of teams go into games against them a bit intimidated. Some can use that as motivation and other teams are put off their games by it.

Ideally we explode out of the gates and suffocate their attack before it gets rolling.
I think we have enough ex-panthers and Ciraldo who can get the job done, IF we go in there playing high intensity for 80mins we can win

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Agree I just want a decent effort in defence so our F&G dosnt get hammered
And a competitive game that gives confidence and puts the other teams on notice

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the first I have news about kiraz anywhere I doubt he won’t play he will be in he pulled up fine and played all game maybe they all
Just get scans but Wilson or Skelton I would pick on the wing

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But let’s be real
I saw one post saying just give Tracey a needle for his calf strain ffs :tearsofjoy:

This will be a hard game to win, i just want us to play well and better than last weekend obviously, then what will be will be.Bloody great if we get an unlikely win.
I have one eye looking ahead to the Raiders in magic round then Dragons both coming into playing us off a bye.There very winnable games imo and we can keep progressing the right way even if we lose Friday nite.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If he’s out I trust the depth we have to cover him. Skelton and Wilson are NRL quality players

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilson is only 1 week back after missing a few games. His match fitness would still be down. He was pretty quiet on the weekend whereas Skelton was his usual self. Skelton is a more like for like replacement for Kiraz. I hope he gets his opportunity. He's been killing it for weeks in regies. Just hope Ciraldo trusts his defence enough to give him another shot. I don't think Ciraldo is silly enough to move Tracey to cover wing and bring in Taaffe to fullback. If we have any chance of beating the Panthers we need Tracey at fullback.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I stare at him in the waiting room
Waiting for an MRI.
Wilson in possible or Tracey on the wing.
big out
Is it out of the question to think that Gus would send Kiraz to sit in the MRI scan waiting area just to be seen to factualise the story that he is in severe doubt..... just to plant the speed into the minds of the Panthers that we are struggling????

I reckon Gus and CC would go that far to get any advantage to get a win over their old club.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wilson mentioned he had pneumonia. It will take him several weeks to get back up to full fitness. I thought he did well in the return game all things considered.
Very slow and looked lethargic the poor bloke. Watched it live and he was struggling all game.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care what’s being said by some supporters here .. I believe this team has the unity, the grit, the want, leadership and the coach to win against this Panthers squad …

Bring the right game plan, stick to it and want it bad enough and they’ll come away with not only the 2 points but a truck load of respect from the teams we play moving forward ..

I think what we’ve seen from their games against Storm, Souths, Roosters, they’re more than ready for this game …

bring it on …

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Will be a very interesting game .... both teams play a similar style and i am expecting a real arm-wrestle in a hostile environment.

If our big names perform to their best, we can compete with anyone in my opinion ..... Hoping Tracey is fit, he is vital.

Our pack has more than held their own this year .... it might come down to their power outside backs verses our speed merchants.

Or perhaps Burton v Cleary ??? ....

Could this be the game that Matt stamps himself as our very own gun player ??? .... Never thought i would be even thinking this a month ago but something has finally started to click with him.

Last edited: