Rumour Kikau will get an early release

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My guess is Barrett wanted the picture to show to another player/manager/agent to prove that we have signed Kikau for 2023. The leak was simply someone spotting it on one of the monitors in the surveillance room at the Leagues Club and taking an opportunistic picture with their phone.

The real question is who was Barrett promising that Kikau was signed, sealed and delivered? BSmith, possible but unlikely, Mahoney possible but why would Mahony be impressed with us signing Kikau? Are they best buddies? I can't see any crossovers in their careers, Kikau plays for Fiji and Mahony plays for Queensland. Wakeham is the Fijian halfback and Koroisau is the hooker, maybe Barrett is using the Fijian connections to lure Api.

Always a Bulldog
Kikau is friends with Mahoney, they were seen out together 2 weeks ago.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think if it was Cotric this could happen but I doubt even Parra are dumb enough to swap for Allan.
True, however Parra know that they will need some depth if Curtis Scott fucks up and really all there other centre options aren't too good bar young Penasini

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Starting to think that the reason this hasnt been officially announced by the club is it isnt finalised when hes coming. Penrith might be looking for some immediate cap relief and let him go early. It might be hinging on a signing Penrith are after and if they need the money for them isnt known yet. If it wasnt true you would have seen some denials from Kikau and Penrith by now. So we know hes signed. When is the question now.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe they waiting to have a Christmas news thing with Mahoney and kikau announced, patalo extension announced.

I remember years ago like a 5 day news thing or something.