Keating for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keating is a "me" player, more often than not he just goes for glory and tries to score himself and ignores overlaps. He wasn't half bad, but his stupidity really got to me as the season progressed...

He's a 5/8 and should be creating chances not trying to score tries at every play
oddly enough, that's pretty much what Roberts did very chance he got in first grade last season. Could have been what the Dogs were told to do.

Matter of fact it worked on one occasion. Keating dummies, steps, gets tackled. Does the same thing again, then on the 3rd go he puts the ball inside to Bobcat, Bobcat scores.

Not saying it's a good tactic, just that it may have been a tactic he was told to do.... A Moore tactic.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't cry if he left but at the same time it's interesting to see what Des can do with him.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is the best option at 6 if we don't somehow get Foran for 2012.

6 is probably the biggest problem for us at the moment though, everywhere else I think we have covered. I'm still unsure about Lafai at right centre too. Here's what we might see in 2012:

1. Byron Barba
2. Simon Turner
3. Joseph Morris
4. Troy Lafai
5. Mitchell Lett
6. Jason Reynolds
7. Tim Hodkinson
8. Andrew Tolman
9. Murray Ennis
10. John Graham
11. Fred Pritchard
12. Colin Payne
13. Daniel Stagg

14. Tom Kasiano
15. Grant Eastwood
16. Marcus Taupau
17. Dylan Halatau

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oddly enough, that's pretty much what Roberts did very chance he got in first grade last season. Could have been what the Dogs were told to do.

Matter of fact it worked on one occasion. Keating dummies, steps, gets tackled. Does the same thing again, then on the 3rd go he puts the ball inside to Bobcat, Bobcat scores.

Not saying it's a good tactic, just that it may have been a tactic he was told to do.... A Moore tactic.
Genius tactic aye, but Roberts seemed to be capable of passing more regardless, ala 2009...He was injured for the most of 2010 and didn't really feature in 2011, but i still remember how potent the Roberts -> Morris -> Goodwin combo was, we scored a bloody heckload of tries.

Another brilliant Moore tactic was to tell our forwards NOT to offload, seemed like whenever we did it was because we were chasing the game...

With Keating though, i don't see anything in him that would change the player he already is, certainly not a half that would win us the premiership. Either way he'll have to go eventually

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of the one off the ruck to a prop on 4th tackle, always worked a treat. Why did we get rid of Kevin Moore!?!?!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of the one off the ruck to a prop on 4th tackle, always worked a treat. Why did we get rid of Kevin Moore!?!?!
Let's be fair now, when we were 20+ behind our game was quite expansive and entertaining

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Genius tactic aye, but Roberts seemed to be capable of passing more regardless, ala 2009...He was injured for the most of 2010 and didn't really feature in 2011, but i still remember how potent the Roberts -> Morris -> Goodwin combo was, we scored a bloody heckload of tries.

Another brilliant Moore tactic was to tell our forwards NOT to offload, seemed like whenever we did it was because we were chasing the game...

With Keating though, i don't see anything in him that would change the player he already is, certainly not a half that would win us the premiership. Either way he'll have to go eventually
i remember back in '09 thinking he was your guys most dangerous player. never really rated keating in the halves, reckon his best position would probably be as a hooker coming of the bench just for a bit of spark.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keating? Spark? By spark you mean obvious dummy and fat ineffective goose step?

Keating as a full time hooker could almost become Andrew McCullough Mk II. He probably doesn't dummy quite enough to be on McCullough's level though.

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Keating? Spark? By spark you mean obvious dummy and fat ineffective goose step?

Keating as a full time hooker could almost become Andrew McCullough Mk II. He probably doesn't dummy quite enough to be on McCullough's level though.
keating's not that bad. did you see that ball he threw last season to put boyd into the hole? that took some pretty special vision.

btw MKeats > KKeats ;)

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok weird, why cant i post in Bulldog news but I can here? MODS????

please respond ...... foreveralonejpg

Last edited by a moderator:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i remember back in '09 thinking he was your guys most dangerous player. never really rated keating in the halves, reckon his best position would probably be as a hooker coming of the bench just for a bit of spark.
We were dangerous for the first half of the season...then were shot ducks after that Broncos game...Its like Moore just c hanged his entire gameplan midway through the year

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
keating's not that bad. did you see that ball he threw last season to put boyd into the hole? that took some pretty special vision.

btw MKeats > KKeats ;)
Well it was his try assist of the year

NotRayHadley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can we all chip in and buy him a suitcase and a one way ticket to England?
Solution, if the stars align and Foran does come, one good deed deserves another and this is cheaper, give KK an E-tag.

Don't quote me Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.