Kasiano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL Kas is in fine shape .. he was slim the majority of this season.
Come on man, is this serious? To maintain the weight he carries after being a full time pro he must be literally eating bucket loads.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought JWH didnt make the side because kearney didn't like him or had some disagreement with him.
Well said. LOL at the usual niff nuffs who chime in at the opportunity. Nowhere to be seen when we were discussing kasianos 3 MOMs. Every player could be fitter, stronger or faster and I hope he gets a flogging in the offseason like all he other players because expectations lift each year. That's all.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were killing it when he was starting prop beating the broncos in that run then supercoach des puts sam on bench and tols to starting prop and we played shit from then on
Agree times a million

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of pros and cons here about Kasiano but the fact is he has got the ability to be one of the best props in the NRL. BUT... what causes him to drop his lollies and give away dopey penalties is because he is overweight and unfit, sometimes he just can't handle it. He is also injury prone.

Then there are the "Oh but he's such a big man, he can;t lose that weight". Well here are a few big men who have no trouble in getting fit and staying that way: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves at 193 cms and 116 kg - James Tamou at 196 cms and 119 kg - George Burgess at 194 cms and 120 kg.

So until Kasiano bites the bullet, goes through he pain and gets fit his form will always be a mix of the good the bab and the ugly. And the older he gets the worse he' ll get.

Is that the Good, the (Ke)bab and the Ugly

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
LOL he isn't in the squad because this year he isn't good enough. Does he have the game to get back in? Of course, but this year Moa, Matulino, Bromwich and Blair have all been better than him. So he isn't good enough.
Kasiano was better than Blair, Moa and Matulino. So was JWH and Kearney wont pick him even when fit. Kearney has favourites.

Also I believe Kasiano has committed to Samoa fulltime.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kasiano was better than Blair, Moa and Matulino. So was JWH and Kearney wont pick him even when fit. Kearney has favourites.

Kearney holds onto grudges or doesnt pick players who played poorly in the past. He hasn't picked Marshall because he didn't make himself available for the 2013 world cup when he was going to union and JWH doesnt seem to perform well or get the job done, he made something like 45mfrom 8 runs in the world cup final which is poor for a front rower.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Stats say otherwise. To say he has been better than Matulino is one of the most absurd things you have said. Kas stat averages - 79 run metres 16 tackles 4 try assists 2 line breaks, then we have Ben M - 148 run metres 27 tackles 0 try assists 2 LBs. I put the try assists because that's all same Sam fans live off. The other two have better stats as well.

If it is true that he has chosen Samoa over NZ, IMO it's the lazy choice. NZ play the ANZAC test, four nations and tours to England playing the best of the best. Samoa play 1 maybe 2 games a year and are on and off in the 4 nations. Personally I just think he was dropped and not good enough as all the stats say.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kearney holds onto grudges or doesnt pick players who played poorly in the past. He hasn't picked Marshall because he didn't make himself available for the 2013 world cup when he was going to union and JWH doesnt seem to perform well or get the job done, he made something like 45mfrom 8 runs in the world cup final which is poor for a front rower.
JWH never backs up his club form in the Kiwis. I think he may have forced himself in this year though with his form.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL Kas is in fine shape .. he was slim the majority of this season.
Yeah... thats why he looks like a pregnant Hump Back whale. But Mrs Hump Back is more mobile and athletic than Kas.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If i hear "3 mom's in 3 weeks" again ill f@cking scream !
He did f@ck all else for 23 rounds, unless you call dropping balls, missing tackles and giving away penalties, doing something ?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kas would have been awesome in the 70s when the beers flowed freely after games along with the gaspers.
To me he doesn't seem professional in his approach to his football, and his game fluctuates between rocks and diamonds, however on here the diamonds are trumpeted and the rocks ignored....seriously, how hard is it to play the ball?
We've seen that dopey, "what me" look too many times over the years after he ****s up with a loose carry, stupid offload, bumbled play the ball etc.

Perhaps getting rid of Franky is Des's way of cutting the cord as they were massive bum chums, always clowning around.
SAmmy's been a frustrating player for way too long in my book, needs to shape up.....if only he had JJ's approach to training and playing. If Adam Blair can go from zero to hero in 1 season, what is stopping Sammy (apart from the kebababs, smokes, KFC). Kick his arse Des, he needs to earn that salary!!!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that's prob why he hasn't made it since what, 2012?
He was part of the World Cup squad.

They make some odd selection decisions, like excluding JWH last outing.

Still, they beat Aus

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was part of the World Cup squad.

They make some odd selection decisions, like excluding JWH last outing.

Still, they beat Aus
JWH last played for the Kiwis in the WC 2013. He was then dropped for the Anzac test 2014 and later that year ruled himself out of the 4 Nations. Kearny ran with the team that won the 4 Nations and beat Aussie twice in the 2015 ANZAC test so really he has only been dropped once and has to force his way back.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If i hear "3 mom's in 3 weeks" again ill f@cking scream !
He did f@ck all else for 23 rounds, unless you call dropping balls, missing tackles and giving away penalties, doing something ?
Finally, someone calls it as it is.

Thank you sir.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone pin point these so called missed tackles?
Everyone whinges and compares him to Bromich jwh and matalino yet Kas is on nowhere near their money

We are relying on him to create something and spark some attack and he was in top5 players in offloads for the year
Of course your going to get some errors that goes with the territory

You guys whinge about not enough attack and yet we want to dump Kas?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why the hate on kasiano? I rather have him then play against him.
The only time our team looks good is when kasiano leads in attack

Status
Not open for further replies.