KASIANO - The Let Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
can you give us a run down of what you saw at the game that looked very different at the game?
It's not just this game it's all games. As a platinum member I go to most games, and when I come home and watch the replay things always appear worse. It's weird.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It's not just this game it's all games. As a platinum member I go to most games, and when I come home and watch the replay things always appear worse. It's weird.
can you give me an example of what you notice with Kas for instance?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
can you give me an example of what you notice with Kas for instance?
Last night to me he had some good impact runs with quick play the balls that got us on the front foot. He wasn't pushing passes like he has been in the past few games.

He helped with our momentum which you don't always feel watching on Tele.

That penalty for the push was a fucking joke, you see that multiple times a week but it is never a penalty.

Agree though that we need more minutes out of him

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Last night to me he had some good impact runs with quick play the balls that got us on the front foot. He wasn't pushing passes like he has been in the past few games.

He helped with our momentum which you don't always feel watching on Tele.

That penalty for the push was a fucking joke, you see that multiple times a week but it is never a penalty.

Agree though that we need more minutes out of him
I actually got the same impression from the TV - he had a great game and perhaps the push was too aggressive and the refs don't need much of an excuse

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When ever he's in Campbelltown he buys hes smokes from me
Kas is really in the wrong decade.

A first grade footballer that smokes, and a coach that puts up with it. In 2017.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I really agree with this comment. Example the Souths game. I thought we looked very fast and efficient with the ball however when watching the replay we still looked slow and clunky. Not as slow as previously but still slow.
I think it is because the cameras only focus on the ball movement and so you don't get a sense of the pressure building and the players moving into position a couple of tackles in advance. That plus you can't "feel" it through the TV. I always remember watching Langmack at Belmore and seeing how he would manoeuvre players into the right position two or three tackles in advance of when he was actually going to make a play. I just couldn't believe his vision. He could see what needed to happen long before he did it. None of that would appear on TV. All you would see is the ball going from a to b to c.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think it is because the cameras only focus on the ball movement and so you don't get a sense of the pressure building and the players moving into position a couple of tackles in advance. That plus you can't "feel" it through the TV. I always remember watching Langmack at Belmore and seeing how he would manoeuvre players into the right position two or three tackles in advance of when he was actually going to make a play. I just couldn't believe his vision. He could see what needed to happen long before he did it. None of that would appear on TV. All you would see is the ball going from a to b to c.
Langmack was a lock yet you describe him like the halfback! He was a great player to watch - tough, relentless and consistent!

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"We just NEED more minutes from him" -#Shit Bulldogs fans say about Kas.
Where do you think these magical minutes are going to come from? The fitness fairy? Much like the tooth fairy. Once you hit a certain age that bitch ain't coming back.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Where do you think these magical minutes are going to come from? The fitness fairy? Much like the tooth fairy. Once you hit a certain age that bitch ain't coming back.
it actually came directly from Kas himself. LOL He was looking forward to more minutes and enjoyed the stint of discipline with his eating that was helping him achieve that goal. Now married life has him potentially headed in the other direction if he is not careful.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Langmack was a lock yet you describe him like the halfback! He was a great player to watch - tough, relentless and consistent!
Yes he was, but I think he occasionally played 6 as well. Just had so much time and vision on the field.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Langmark, Gillespie, Joe Thomas & Co would make our current forwards look like sissies. Miss those days.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
exactly, he didnt stand up and lead the team when we needed him most. Fat **** sat there breathing like he had run the same km's as Hoppa
To make things worse he pushed wiggton in the back ehen he was covering a grubbet in goal, gave them a penalty on their 20m line and straight away signalled to the sideline and went off. Didnt even try and get back on side and defend.
I love what he brings to a game, but if similar players like fifita are capable of putting in big minutes, then it is clear that kas is just fucking lazy and unfit, and is not a professional athlete.
People on here were suggesting hayne would be a terrible signing because of his attitude to training. FMD bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is 26 man. For most forwards that is their prime.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is 26 man. For most forwards that is their prime.
Exactly. This is as good as he gets and if he was getting Tim Browne money we wouldn't even be talking about it but he isn't. We talk about how much Tolman is costing us but at least he adds value over the full 80 mins. Kas is showered and having a dart out the back by the 60 minute mark.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
reckon we will lose Kas? or no1 else would want him since he plays about 20mins a game?
solid for 10 of those, the other 10 riddled with mistakes

love the guy, but just dont get enough out of him

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
That was my point. He ain't finding any more minutes if he hasn't by now.
You may be right that he won't change and end up aging and getting worse than this - but the point is, it is more about attitude than it is about his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.