Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I said once the news first broke, severe neck injuries are the worst because you could have multiple procedures and they either make it worse or still have no idea what's going on... I know several people that this has happened to..

I hope Oloapu can get the right diagnosis and get it sorted out eventually. Footy is the least of his concerns right now.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where is this article? I've only see quotes. From what I gather it's surgery or he's never playing again.
Article says he was born with condition but they are looking at surgery to fix it. Not exactly sure where exactly his problem is but I had vary similar issue and was fixed surgically. However, I don't play contact sport.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You just defended the broncos and said it wouldn’t have been picked up in scans as an underlying issue. And I wasn’t aware you are part of the bulldogs medical team and can say uncategoricly that he was injured, my apologies.
Ciraldo literally said he was injured in an interview and still played him @ lock, I don't know why you guys always need to argue the point and spin some shit to defend the club's shit decisions. I didn't defend the Broncos, I instead decided to give both clubs the benefit of the doubt because if one didn't pick it up in the medical then it's understandable the other wouldn't either. This is not defending the Broncos, it's just using logic.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I told u there was more to this @DinkumDog and there it is. Can u believe we brought him back to play Flegg finals while he still in neck pain? If this kid never plays again we might have to pay him 10 million not 1. Total disgrace
Typical that you speculate just to have a crack at Gus and the club. Clearly this article (which by the way is from ZT, so likely to be somewhat embellished) says this is a condition Karl was BORN with and the extent of his issue has only just emerged. Yet the other day (and again now) you accused the club of deliberately and/or wilfully mismanaging his condition when it’s clear NO-ONE including Karl knew the extent of the issue. That and suggesting a $10m payout might be on the cards which you’ve plucked from your arse. How about keeping the focus on Karl and supporting the kid through his recovery and hopeful return to play than spew your usual bile to feed your anti-Gus hysteria.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo literally said he was injured in an interview and still played him @ lock, I don't know why you guys always need to argue the point and spin some shit to defend the club's shit decisions. I didn't defend the Broncos, I instead decided to give both clubs the benefit of the doubt because if one didn't pick it up in the medical then it's understandable the other wouldn't either. This is not defending the Broncos, it's just using logic.
95% of rugby league players from Reggie’s to the NRL play with injuries every weekend, if coaches didn’t play injured players there wouldn’t be a comp. But don’t let that hold you back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
95% of rugby league players from Reggie’s to the NRL play with injuries every weekend, if coaches didn’t play injured players there wouldn’t be a comp. But don’t let that hold you back.
I've already mentioned players play injured however this doesn't then become the excuse for when things like this happen. Coaches and medical staff are accountable for this kind of stuff and it's their responsibility to push the players as hard as possible and squeeze that final .1% out of them without crossing that line where it starts negatively impacting their performances and health. It's hard, very hard, but that doesn't mean you brush these things off as "unlucky"or "everyone else plays injured". This isn't just a Karl thing, it's a Bulldog thing. The bulk of our squad was totally busted 2 months into the season and you only have to look at someone like Kiraz who are suffered from stress fractures, something that can be caused by excessive training loads.

Anyway I hope Karl's going to be okay and can play footy again.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've already mentioned players play injured however this doesn't then become the excuse for when things like this happen. Coaches and medical staff are accountable for this kind of stuff and it's their responsibility to push the players as hard as possible and squeeze that final .1% out of them without crossing that line where it starts negatively impacting their performances and health. It's hard, very hard, but that doesn't mean you brush these things off as "unlucky"or "everyone else plays injured". This isn't just a Karl thing, it's a Bulldog thing. The bulk of our squad was totally busted 2 months into the season and you only have to look at someone like Kiraz who are suffered from stress fractures, something that can be caused by excessive training loads.

Anyway I hope Karl's going to be okay and can play footy again.
Well at least we can agree on wishing Karl a speedy recovery and seeing him back playing football asap.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It appears that any neck problem was only known to the kid himself. It wasn't known at the Broncos or the Dogs.
I know Ciraldo would not play him if he knew about the condition. It's well known that the majority of players play with niggling injuries
and some have needles to allow them to play.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I told u there was more to this @DinkumDog and there it is. Can u believe we brought him back to play Flegg finals while he still in neck pain? If this kid never plays again we might have to pay him 10 million not 1. Total disgrace
You are a total disgrace, this is how you support your club but putting the boot in every time, if it’s a negative story or positive you put the boot in. You and that sexed you fuck have a bad idea of what it takes to be a supporter, and have an unhealthy fascination of wanted to prove you are right. Well done buzz bitch .

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Save me scanning 21 pages what is the actual problem with his neck?