Karl Oloapu neck surgery out 2024

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah uce, I don’t ignore or report anyone. I enjoy seeing ***** make fools of themselves by talking shit lol
Lol u made a real fool of urself with AFB. Really got those hopes up didnt u

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Update on Karl Oloapu’s season-ending injury
If he is forced into medical retirement, the club will face a $1 million-plus payout.

ETHAN LEE CHALK

WRITER | OCTOBER 29, 2023 - 10:30AM

https://www.zerotackle.com/update-on-karl-oloapus-season-ending-injury-164780/#

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has revealed that it would have been a "catastrophic" situation if Karl Oloapu didn't realise he had neck pains.
Pinned as the club's next big thing, the injury to Oloapu has allowed the Bulldogs to discover that the youngster had a serious spine condition before sustaining the injury to his neck.
The Herald has disclosed he faced significant risk playing with a condition he was born with and it is understood that when he flexes his neck and looks down, it actually presses on his spinal cord, causing damage.
This means he could need cervical fusion surgery.
“At the moment, we're just gathering medical opinions,” Gould said via the publication.
“I've got a couple of opinions; Karl wants a third opinion. I think he's very, very lucky that something catastrophic didn't happen with a condition that he's got.”
The Herald has revealed that if Oloapu is forced into medical retirement, the Bulldogs will face a $1 million-plus payout from the NRL.
It was revealed earlier this week that he withdrew from Samoa's two Tests in their Pacific Cup tri-series against New Zealand and Australia due to neck pain, and News Corp then reported he may need surgery on his neck.
Also revealed was the fact that Oloapu played through most of the 2023 season in pain. That was evident when he was rested from certain games through the back end of the year as the Bulldogs attempted to manage a player they had long-term plans in place for.
His rookie NRL season came after a controversial off-season move from the Brisbane Broncos, where the Bulldogs paid big money in a transfer to secure his services.
Even without surgery, it's unclear if the youngster will be available for Round 1 next year when Cameron Ciraldo's squad begin a campaign that will be aiming to turn around a disastrous 2023 that ended in a 15th-place finish.
The Bulldogs are understood to be fully behind Oloapu, who is on contract with the club until the end of the 2026 campaign.

Worst case scenario, we caught it early, before it effected the rest of his life and he medically retires. Not a terrible outcome

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re quoting the ‘clown support’ account set up just last week? I hope you don’t get too confused posting from different accounts
Hope he doesn't get "Horsed" lol

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
minichello sounds like a good bloke
I've had the privilege of personally discussing his back injury and the change his diet made in-depth with Antonio.
It is reasonable, simple, and logical, all based upon his upbringing around Italian food and growing what you eat.
You hear bullshit out there about how the diet is a miracle cure, he's full of it, etc, it is bullshit.
I personally saw the before, during, and after scans which showed physical regeneration of the damaged parts of his spine, parts multiple doctors expressed were very unlikely to ever renew.
He didn't just talk the talk, he took the time to walk the walk and explain beyond what I already knew due to spinal damage in the family.

If Antonio is on Karl's side to genuinely help the kid, Karl, the Club, and us fans are indeed lucky to have that support.