Just a lil harsh

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is bad for Dan because I think it seems there’s a bit of a racial undertone to this comment. While I don’t think he meant it that way, it’ll be perceived as such. Writing is on the wall for him, career probably over lol
What the actual fuck

What is racist about Hayze Perham would be 'shot if he was an animal.

He meant Hayze is dying out there. So has to be put out of his misery. (not literally) (dying not literally.)

The world has gone fucking mad.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs were made aware of a concerning comment regarding a player that was made by a sports commentator yesterday, during the match.

The Club takes player welfare very seriously and commentary of this nature is simply unacceptable.

The Bulldogs have informed the NRL integrity unit and have since been in touch with the commentator, who has offered a formal apology and requested to meet with the player in person to apologise directly. The player has politely declined the request at this time.

The Club will continue to support the player in question. His wellbeing is of paramount importance. The Club places the best interests and welfare of our players and staff as our number one priority.

We can all learn from this.

Given the nature of the commentary, the Club will not provide any further comment at this time.

Attachments

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks Dan. Not that CC was ever gonna replace him with a better player in Wilson or Papa, but he'll def not be dropped now.

PS. It was a dumb thing to say but it's just a saying ....and IMO CC has put the player in this pressure situation bc all our socials and every other footy media site the hate and bagging of Perham has been building and CC could have helped that by dropping him back to Cup for some confidence and show he can play well.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A coach that doesn't coach to win? I don't understand this. Are you able to explain?
I can give a couple of examples, just my opinion obviously.
None of our halves offer anything in attack but 1 can defend well at first grade level.
Our defense is diabolical, has been on the decline for the last month but instead of looking to strengthen it he puts Rajab in. On what planet is Rajab ready for first grade? I dont like seeing Flano in first grade but if no other half can offer more in attack and defense is the very foundation to build apon, makes no sense not to bring flano back in. Who cares if hes been training at 9 in reserves, hes getting paid and winning games is what matters. So whats Ciro doing? Would appear he is trialling players in first grade for my mind with a view to the future.
Another is swapping/tweaking positions during first grade ie moving Avo to fb and putting Perham in the centres couple weeks back or moving Avo on the weekend. What is the logic behind this? Perham should have been dropped weeks ago after Ciro sent a stern message in 2 separate pressers. Some of the comments Ciro comes out with in pressers leaves me scratching my head (or is that my receding hair line?)
We had 2 byes recently where the players were given time off. Should have been at training working on defense. Highly paid athletes. Surely race car teams look to every advantage using any downtime during the season to tweak and develop. Giving our players time off yielded zero positive results on the field. Doesnt make sense, professional athletes. Talk about culture, actions speak louder then words should have been at training. Poor darlings cant get any wins, go spend some time with your family.
I reckon hes accepted the seasons a right off. Gus comments last night on 100% reckons he told Ciro to come in 2024. Sounded almost like a buffer to me.
anyways, just some observations.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The “supporters” who booed him every time he touched the ball are just as bad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ginane and Voss like to do a bit of a comedy routine when they commentate and get carried away sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.

That's a ridiculous thing to say on air about any player no matter how bad they're playing. Very unprofessional

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reference to animal. I said the perception of it is a racial undertone.
Do you understand what this means??
I perceive your last line to have a racial undertone .. it's like your calling him dumb cause of his skin colour ...sure, bit of a stretch for most - but by your logic I think you should formally apologise

Reaction score
What the actual fuck

What is racist about Hayze Perham would be 'shot if he was an animal.

He meant Hayze is dying out there. So has to be put out of his misery. (not literally) (dying not literally.)

The world has gone fucking mad.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs were made aware of a concerning comment regarding a player that was made by a sports commentator yesterday, during the match.

The Club takes player welfare very seriously and commentary of this nature is simply unacceptable.

The Bulldogs have informed the NRL integrity unit and have since been in touch with the commentator, who has offered a formal apology and requested to meet with the player in person to apologise directly. The player has politely declined the request at this time.

The Club will continue to support the player in question. His wellbeing is of paramount importance. The Club places the best interests and welfare of our players and staff as our number one priority.

We can all learn from this.

Given the nature of the commentary, the Club will not provide any further comment at this time.
wow, what a response from the club, no wonder we are soft as melting butter

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is Dan Ginnane a Bulldogs supporter?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh the meme is a bit over the top / too much. Sure hes not playing well but seriously

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A coach that doesn't coach to win? I don't understand this. Are you able to explain?
He is bleeding too many rookies and playing players out of position as an experiment.

As an example Perham and Alamoti have finally been dropped with the better options of Averillo playing Fullback and Burns in Centre.