Just a Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's incredible. But the nrl are too dumb and the roosters are too smart to get caught.

Auditors will only ever catch people out on this stuff if there is a paper trail. Cash payments, non electronic communications all ensure this will never happen. Better yet, I could be wrong but I do not think the nrl have jurisdiction to access tax records of players... so they are very limited in their powers.

if I were to rort the cap, id do it through related party transactions. Things like buying a property for 3mill, then selling it players for 300k. Or providing them with connections, that will allow them to pretty much earn 6 figures during retirement. "Hey meet joe blogs. Joe blogs says, hey sign with the roosters, and I will promise to get you paid when you go"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There are so many ways of rorting the cap it's not funny. Teddy, Boyd and Cronk would easily claim $3,000,000 of their cap - and that's just 3/30 players. How on earth they can fit another 27 into $7,000,000 is not possible.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's incredible. But the nrl are too dumb and the roosters are too smart to get caught.

Auditors will only ever catch people out on this stuff if there is a paper trail. Cash payments, non electronic communications all ensure this will never happen. Better yet, I could be wrong but I do not think the nrl have jurisdiction to access tax records of players... so they are very limited in their powers.

if I were to rort the cap, id do it through related party transactions. Things like buying a property for 3mill, then selling it players for 300k. Or providing them with connections, that will allow them to pretty much earn 6 figures during retirement. "Hey meet joe blogs. Joe blogs says, hey sign with the roosters, and I will promise to get you paid when you go"
I wish you would tell me before you write this stuff. It's too late to cash in on the tinfoil futures market now. do you really think the salary cap auditors live under a rock and count the money with stones? Everything you have thought of I can guarantee you they are aware of and then some. As for the promise of a job after footy, really? Hey come play with us for $200k a year and then when you are all washed up we will pay you $1m a year to wash cars. No really....I promise I will pay you.....no really I will. Yep that's a scenario I would jump into. Human nature is one built on one individual getting the best of another so there will always be those who rort the system. Some will get caught some won't. That's not a fault of the system that's a fault of the people involved in doing it.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are so many ways of rorting the cap it's not funny. Teddy, Boyd and Cronk would easily claim $3,000,000 of their cap - and that's just 3/30 players. How on earth they can fit another 27 into $7,000,000 is not possible.
Darius Bennett would not be worth that much money!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I cannot understand why the Roosters are doing this. Is Cronk really going to offer a lot more than Pearce did? He is a better player sure, but they will be no doubt paying him a lot more, and they will be lucky to get 2 seasons out of him. After that he is gone and will work in the media, and for that they kick out a one club stalwart in Pearce, a guy who has been one of their best players for a very long time.

I think this whole scenario is pretty embarrassing for the Roosters, and I am going to laugh my ass off when they don't win a premiership in the next 2 seasons.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Personally I cannot understand why the Roosters are doing this. Is Cronk really going to offer a lot more than Pearce did? He is a better player sure, but they will be no doubt paying him a lot more, and they will be lucky to get 2 seasons out of him. After that he is gone and will work in the media, and for that they kick out a one club stalwart in Pearce, a guy who has been one of their best players for a very long time.

I think this whole scenario is pretty embarrassing for the Roosters, and I am going to laugh my ass off when they don't win a premiership in the next 2 seasons.
I'll laugh even harder when they still lose to Melbourne!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d kick a few to the curb and sign Pearce , love or hate him the dude is a competitor and a good footballer and best mates with Foran , fuck tolman & eastwood off , a moz a few other fringies , chuck a few dib 3rd parties even , get it done Raymond ya limp dicked moutherfuckerrrrrrrr!!!
Problem is, they’re contracted. Other teams have to want them, and honestly, who wants those shitcunts ?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t the cap $9+m now...
They will never be busted for anything as long as Politis is alive

Wahesh

Reaction score
Isn’t the cap $9+m now...
They will never be busted for anything as long as Politis is alive
I think it's closer to 10 but who knows.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll laugh even harder when they still lose to Melbourne!
The Roosters pack has a huge question mark on it for mine.
Cordner is a gun but JWH is going down hill fast and Napa is very inconsistent.
Even if they get Cronk they are no certainties.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish you would tell me before you write this stuff. It's too late to cash in on the tinfoil futures market now. do you really think the salary cap auditors live under a rock and count the money with stones? Everything you have thought of I can guarantee you they are aware of and then some. As for the promise of a job after footy, really? Hey come play with us for $200k a year and then when you are all washed up we will pay you $1m a year to wash cars. No really....I promise I will pay you.....no really I will. Yep that's a scenario I would jump into. Human nature is one built on one individual getting the best of another so there will always be those who rort the system. Some will get caught some won't. That's not a fault of the system that's a fault of the people involved in doing it.

Explain to me how an auditor who has only access to club books be able to trace an off the books transaction like a house. Do they have jurisdiction to chase politis? Maybe.

Do they have jurisdiction to chase a related party outside of the club? Nope. Case in point being the CEO of Brisbane.
Once they leave the nrl ecosystem they can't chase them.

Yeh the job after the fact could be shit. But the related party one is incredibly hard to trace. You give auditors too much credibility. They are tick bashers. And there have been too many corporate blow ups for you to simply ignore.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Every time we hear of a Salary Cap breach, the players never get into trouble from anyone....

The that is because they must be receiving cash or correctly reporting all the income they receive in their tax returns.

You are right, i do not think the NRL has the authority to access players personal tax returns.

As for related party transactions you can not sell something valued at 3mil for 300k, the ATO make you sell it at market value or a little less.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their not called the Sydney Rorter$ for no reason

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Explain to me how an auditor who has only access to club books be able to trace an off the books transaction like a house. Do they have jurisdiction to chase politis? Maybe.

Do they have jurisdiction to chase a related party outside of the club? Nope. Case in point being the CEO of Brisbane.
Once they leave the nrl ecosystem they can't chase them.

Yeh the job after the fact could be shit. But the related party one is incredibly hard to trace. You give auditors too much credibility. They are tick bashers. And there have been too many corporate blow ups for you to simply ignore.
You are missing the point though, do you really think they haven't thought of every scam under the sun? Of course they have. They have former players involved in looking at the cap issues. Do you think that none of them would have had any discussions with other players or managers during their careers? These people spend their worklife looking at all these things and they are not only looking at what rorts they are trying to pull now but looking around the world at what other professional leagues are doing as well because it feeds downunder later. At the end of the day they are employees of a private company looking at the books of another group of private companies and ultimately it is only goodwill that gets them the results it does but that isn't the fault of the auditors nor the NRL. I'm sure Putin could put better systems in place but I don't think the rest of the country would like the consequences. The point of the cap is to produce a more even playing field not achieve perfection. The fact that we haven't had back to back winners in over 20 years is a clear indicator that we have a more even playing field. There will never be a perfect system. Every time a rort is identified and dealt with the next one is already in the pipeline.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Interesting the Roosters can afford Teddy & Cronk while retaining Pearce and a host of others stars yet be under no financial pressure to squeeze any player out.
And not even a question mark from the media about it......very interesting indeed.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd laugh if they forced Pearce out, Cronk came on board, and a number of other players walked on Roosters and spilled beans on them cheating the cap.
Pearce was told on the 14th October, Cronk was coming to the Roosters he was first offered to the Warriors but that arrangement wasn’t Pearce’s preferred option

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are missing the point though, do you really think they haven't thought of every scam under the sun? Of course they have. They have former players involved in looking at the cap issues. Do you think that none of them would have had any discussions with other players or managers during their careers? These people spend their worklife looking at all these things and they are not only looking at what rorts they are trying to pull now but looking around the world at what other professional leagues are doing as well because it feeds downunder later. At the end of the day they are employees of a private company looking at the books of another group of private companies and ultimately it is only goodwill that gets them the results it does but that isn't the fault of the auditors nor the NRL. I'm sure Putin could put better systems in place but I don't think the rest of the country would like the consequences. The point of the cap is to produce a more even playing field not achieve perfection. The fact that we haven't had back to back winners in over 20 years is a clear indicator that we have a more even playing field. There will never be a perfect system. Every time a rort is identified and dealt with the next one is already in the pipeline.
The Roosters, Storm & Broncos have the advantage of a portfolio of Corporates to Third Party Arrangements. As much as the NRL wants to claim it is creating a more level & fairer playing field - the fact is it’s more fair for fewer clubs & not all clubs.
Tedesco has agreed to terms with the Dogs & was less than 24hrs from singing when the Roosters came back with a more attractive package.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d kick a few to the curb and sign Pearce , love or hate him the dude is a competitor and a good footballer and best mates with Foran , fuck tolman & eastwood off , a moz a few other fringies , chuck a few dib 3rd parties even , get it done Raymond ya limp dicked moutherfuckerrrrrrrr!!!
Thank god u arent chief then

Status
Not open for further replies.