Just a Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We went hard for Tedesco. Were very close to signing him. Hid manager packaged up Woods & Tedesco for us. All of a sudden Politis enters the picture and seals the deal and secures Tedesco (the 2nd biggest star off contract this year after Cronk).

Mid year Cronk announces he will leave Storm. The whole rugby league world knew we were interested, everyone knew the Bulldogs were lacking a genuine halfback. Des had tried to get Cronk here previously. Even Trent Robinson joked that Des had told all the coaches that he has first dibs on Cronk . Cronk said he will decide on his future at end of season, but then on GF week the papers come out saying that the Roosters want Cronk and are front runners to get him. Fast forward 1 month and now they look like certainties to get him.

So they sign the 2 best players off contract, the best halfback & best fullback. Both players that we were after.

Politis is supposedly close mates with Dib, maybe its a situation where Dib keeps his friends close but keeps his enemies closer? Probably wishful thinking.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I bet Cronk was cut that he didn't have 2 contracts at the Storm so he jumped at the chance to have 2 contracts at the Roosters......and a house....and an appartment.....

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I was hoping that Dib may have had an unspoken agreement with Politis (similar to Ken Arthurson and Peter Moore relationship ) and that roosters could have tedesco so long as we got cronk.

Just imagine Dib somehow signed cronk................... the ultimate payback for missing out on tedesco

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Remember when Todd Greenberg done a number on parra CEO Paul Osbone, and publicly was mounting a case to sign Daniel Mortimer only for his price to skyrocket and unbeknown to them we signed up kris keating instead.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting the Roosters can afford Teddy & Cronk while retaining Pearce and a host of other stars yet be under no financial pressure to squeeze any player out.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
rooster didnt get foran but.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bet Cronk was cut that he didn't have 2 contracts at the Storm so he jumped at the chance to have 2 contracts at the Roosters......and a house....and an appartment.....
And multiple vehicles.

Reactions: DT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting the Roosters can afford Teddy & Cronk while retaining Pearce and a host of others stars yet be under no financial pressure to squeeze any player out.
It actually sounds like they are trying to squeeze Pearce out.... Apparently no communication between Pearce and Roosters and Newcastle are jumpin on Pearce.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pearce and all other roosters players should just refuse to leave. Then what does the club do? They wont be able to sign cronk unless someone agrees to leave. They really are a fked up club. So glad im not a roosters fan.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually sounds like they are trying to squeeze Pearce out.... Apparently no communication between Pearce and Roosters and Newcastle are jumpin on Pearce.
Yep the more I think about it they are saying they don't have to release him so they don't have to pay any money for him playing elsewhere. Then make the other clubs chase Pearce to make sure of this.

Probably some additional kick backs to Pearce later on so he continues saying good things about them once he has left.

Reactions: DT

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let's not forget the boat. And the scholarship for all his children.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the more I think about it they are saying they don't have to release him so they don't have to pay any money for him playing elsewhere. Then make the other clubs chase Pearce to make sure of this.

Probably some additional kick backs to Pearce later on so he continues saying good things about them once he has left.
My initial thoughts were this but with Friend. I now reckon they wanted rid of Pearce all along. reckon they want a finals halfback and they've finally acknowledged Pearce ain't that.

IMO Pearce won't slum it at Newcastle, he'll go to Beagles for sure

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I’d kick a few to the curb and sign Pearce , love or hate him the dude is a competitor and a good footballer and best mates with Foran , fuck tolman & eastwood off , a moz a few other fringies , chuck a few dib 3rd parties even , get it done Raymond ya limp dicked moutherfuckerrrrrrrr!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You maybe right or it maybe a pride thing where they don't want anyone to know they blew the cap wayyyy out. I think the Roosters ( Politis ) has been notified by many that if they want Cronk they will have to shed a big name or two to turn down the heat on their books.

If I was Pearce I would be shattered... He could have had any club he wanted and now it looks like he might be stuck in Newie.

Status
Not open for further replies.