News Journo reveals Luai feud

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From news.com

Jarome Luai is embroiled in a “stink” with a journalist and his “antics” have come under the microscope after embracing a new role.

Jarome Luai’s “on-field antics” have come under the microscope with the Penrith star accused of embracing “the villain role” amid his club’s battle to retain both him and Dylan Edwards.
Luai escaped with just a fine for a tackle last week on Storm’s Nelson Asofa-Solomona, despite his shoulder contacting the head of the forward.

Fox League’s James Hooper pointed to the tackle as a “perfect example” of Luai’s “niggling” behaviour.

“He’s not playing this week, but I will say in relation to Jarome I’m not a fan of his on-field antics. I don’t like the way that he really embraces that villain role and it’s the constant niggle” Hooper said.

“I was there last week when they beat the Melbourne Storm and he was just consistently looking to put Melbourne off their game.

“The Nelson Asofa-Solomona shoulder charge is the perfect example. It’s just a cheap shot. He runs in, jumps out of the line, out of the air, leaves his feet.

“You aren’t going to achieve anything by doing that but he’s just trying to muckrake.”

Gorden Tallis doesn’t have a problem with Luai’s style, but says the five-eighth needs to back it up and “stand by it”.

“I’m sure if you know Jarome, you like him, but the picture he wants to paint is the villain and I played with one named Anthony Mundine but he owned being the villain,” Tallis said.

“For me he wants to play the villain, to be that man, your standover man, who cares and doing all that, but when you say something back, he doesn’t like it.

“If you want to throw the bombs, you have to take a couple back yourself that’s the only advice I’d give him.

“He does a really good job of painting himself as the villain and Penrith fans would love him, every other team hates him. If you want to paint it, play it.

“Paul Gallen was one that did exactly the same, but he owned what he was saying.”

Tallis and Hooper’s comments came after NRL 360 co-panellist and Daily Telegraph reporter Michael Carayannis revealed he and Luai aren’t on the best of terms.

“There’s a bit of a stink going back-and-forth,” Carayannis admitted.

“It’s a long story, you are well aware of it Braith, but we had a bit of a disagreement over an interpretation of what I said to him. And he’s gone back.

“Next time he sees me he might blank me again.”

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai needs to grow up. He’s 26 FFS
He’s penriths version of what josh Reynolds was to us. Hopefully the refs mark him as such and give out penalties on suspicion

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luai needs to grow up. He’s 26 FFS
I mean the journo wasn't wrong....
I don’t want to live in a world where a fat fuck entitled wannabe journalist, who’s greatest achievement is his knees not giving way each morning when he gets out of bed, can call a professional athlete a dickhead to his face and not have his nose punched through the back of his head.
Luai’s dumb but Carayannis is a fucken entitled asshole.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t want to live in a world where a fat fuck entitled wannabe journalist, who’s greatest achievement is his knees not giving way each morning when he gets out of bed, can call a professional athlete a dickhead to his face and not have his nose punched through the back of his head.
He did say I do not think you are that person but it was a dickhead move the singular event. I don't really mind if he is going to ban the journalist its whatever I wouldn't talk to them personally lol

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai is a fucking flog.

He just comes across as the sort of person who (it's only a matter of time until) mouths off to the wrong person and gets his head caved in.

Needs to be pulled aside and given an attitude adjustment, because if it wasn't for Cleary, he wouldn't even be in the top 50% of halves in the NRL.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I do agree but Jerome Luai is just as bad or worse getting in other players faces when he knows he can’t get his head punched in anymore

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I do agree but Jerome Luai is just as bad or worse getting in other players faces when he knows he can’t get his head punched in anymore
I have no problem with a footy player being a dick to another footy player on the field. They've both committed as much as eachother to get to that level and can talk as much shit as they like.
but a hack sports reporter approaching a player just to hang shit on him? Fuck that. If I was Luai, it might’ve cost me my career.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no problem with a footy player being a dick to another footy player on the field.
I do in certain circumstances

Especially when they know a player is knocked out, like Cobbo was in Origin last year & Luai stood over him mouthing off.

Then pretended he didn't know Cobbo was in la la land.

Last edited:

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Especially when they know a player is knocked out, like Cobbo was in Origin last year & Luai stood over him mouthing off.

Fuck him. Just like willie mason fucked Bryce Gibbs. Talk shit get hit

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That’s different. That was a dog act.
it’s one of the reasons i don’t like him.