Opinion Josh Reynolds or Kyle Flanagan

JOSH OR KYLE FOR 7

• Total voters

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People need to calm down with throwing the young bronco, rajab and the likes straight into "first grade"

The kids need a minimum of 2 years in Cup

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's an incredible argument to have when u say yourself you have no bias. I hate flann too but have little option but to play him and at least he can tackle. Cc will need to plan around this or force Burton out of his shell. Moving a centre mid game? We were doing this shit the last few years too and no other team does it AFAIK unless injury or suspension or chasing points
Yes Burton needs to pull his finger out, cant hide out on the edge all game. I swear if he puts up anymore of those arsey bombs that don't go anywhere near deep or wide enough then I'm going to fucking lose it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There are many things we can do and they're all better than starting with Flanagan. 1 e.g. could be carrying Skelton and Topine on the bench (if moving Averillo from centre mid game). You can say that's too much disruption but Flanagan starting is a disruption. If you don't want to move Averillo you could have Perham on the bench who can play as a five-eighth. What exactly doesn't matter, there are options.
You are dodging the questions, the obvious questions that your choice of Reynolds as halfback require answering.
"Skelton" on the bench, and who does he come on for? Averillo? I'm sure that's a good idea for continuity in the blackline.

"Topine" are seriously suggesting he comes on for Reynolds?

"Perham" Ciraldo has said many times he's the fullback and you want him coming off the bench to replace Reynolds? Or do you want him to start at fullback, swap to halfback and someone else comes on to fill the fullback role?

None of those are serious options, the plainly obvious fact is that your blind hatred of Flanagan makes you believe that ANY choice is better, even if the choice is unworkable.

Always a Bulldog

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flano will be the halfback for the duration of the season, barring unforeseen injury. There's no point throwing around hypothetical scenarios involving less suitable players. It's a done deal. Signed, sealed and delivered, baby!
I guarantee u by round 10 you will be back in nsw cup where you belong

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I would be starting Reynolds with intent to play him 80 but obviously would need an option somewhere in case he can't (game to game dependent). Whatever that is doesn't really matter to me, just I know there's options, even if we need to be creative.
Maybe we can come up with some sort of time share arrangement - 20 minutes for Josh, 20 minutes for Brown, 20 minutes for Avo and 20 minutes for the winner of a weekly social media competition. That’s why I like you, Fam. You’re an ideas man, baby!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People need to calm down with throwing the young bronco, rajab and the likes straight into "first grade"

The kids need a minimum of 2 years in Cup

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
I wouldn't say they need two years but they definitely need to play there until they're ready. We've been throwing kids in for years without them being ready and it hasn't helped anyone.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are dodging the questions, the obvious questions that your choice of Reynolds as halfback require answering.
"Skelton" on the bench, and who does he come on for? Averillo? I'm sure that's a good idea for continuity in the blackline.

"Topine" are seriously suggesting he comes on for Reynolds?

"Perham" Ciraldo has said many times he's the fullback and you want him coming off the bench to replace Reynolds? Or do you want him to start at fullback, swap to halfback and someone else comes on to fill the fullback role?

None of those are serious options, the plainly obvious fact is that your blind hatred of Flanagan makes you believe that ANY choice is better, even if the choice is unworkable.

Always a Bulldog
I haven't dodged any question you just can't read unfortunately. I've given you at least 2 e.g.'s which involve moving a centre or not. Topine was obviously mentioned in regards to playing hooker because you said something stupid about if Brown was moved into the halves for Reynolds and Mahoney went down injured. Perham I mentioned as a bench option as he can play 1-6 and from what we've seen he isn't ready for fullback in the NRL and tbh isn't even our best option there. I hate Flanagan for on field reasons which are justified. I think people who defend his on field performance are in the wrong. They're like those crazies on AFTV from a few years ago.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can come up with some sort of time share arrangement - 20 minutes for Josh, 20 minutes for Brown, 20 minutes for Avo and 20 minutes for the winner of a weekly social media competition. That’s why I like you, Fam. You’re an ideas man, baby!
Haven't you forgotten your pregnancy/birth baby ban thing? No time share arrangements for jobs in this team thanks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't dodged any question you just can't read unfortunately. I've given you at least 2 e.g.'s which involve moving a centre or not. Topine was obviously mentioned in regards to playing hooker because you said something stupid about if Brown was moved into the halves for Reynolds and Mahoney went down injured.
What you can't seem to face up to is the stupidity in starting a half back who you know almost certainly can't play 80 minutes and definitely can't make it through 27 rounds plus finals. That's almost as stupid as carrying someone on the bench to replace someone else who then replaces the half back. This a new team is just starting to learn to play together and you want to fark it up in every game by chopping and changing, during the game no less.

Always a Bulldog

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they need two years but they definitely need to play there until they're ready. We've been throwing kids in for years without them being ready and it hasn't helped anyone.
Thats why they need atleast a couple more years

1. They need to bulk up

2. We dont have systems in place (playmaker/spine) like the top teams, so promoting them early would do more harm than good

If we had someone like a Brad Maloney than you could bleed them in like what they did with Cleary at Penrith

Our spine is a brothel and there is a long long way to go until we have a consistent top 4 spine

Im pretty sure our spine has changed every year since around 2015?????

Roosters, Storm & Panthers have had a very settled spine for over a decade and when it came to the transition stage, they carried it out smoothly and perfectly

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many things we can do and they're all better than starting with Flanagan. 1 e.g. could be carrying Skelton and Topine on the bench (if moving Averillo from centre mid game). You can say that's too much disruption but Flanagan starting is a disruption. If you don't want to move Averillo you could have Perham on the bench who can play as a five-eighth. What exactly doesn't matter, there are options.

Unless you agreed with everything Barrett said and did (and might as well throw Pay and Des in there) you really need to stop being petty with your "of course you know better than the coach". It's a fact they get things wrong. Until coach and Flanagan/players change my mind this is what I'm running with.
Our team struggled with Barrett complexity last year, don't think we need unnecessary complexity given we need the bench for mostly forward rotations and unexpected HIAs.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kyle - Great defence, good support play, back up goal kicker and won't get in the way of Reed or Burton when we're in attack.
Josh - Great at tripping, good support play, good short kicking game, can fill in at hooker but will cause chaos in our attack and negatively affect the team during our more structured attacking play.

While we wait for a better 7 to arrive or emerge, I'd go Kyle. While I'm okay if Josh gets in at 17 to come on and spark something, I feel Nu Brown is coming into this season in better career form.
Flannos defense has improved so much since his first year with us.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oloapu won't learn shit from Burton who's inexperienced himself. We need a Maloney to show them the ropes.

Reactions: DDR

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What you can't seem to face up to is the stupidity in starting a half back who you know almost certainly can't play 80 minutes and definitely can't make it through 27 rounds plus finals. That's almost as stupid as carrying someone on the bench to replace someone else who then replaces the half back. This a new team is just starting to learn to play together and you want to fark it up in every game by chopping and changing, during the game no less.

Always a Bulldog
I don't think it's stupid when the other half option is Flanagan. If Benji could play 80 minutes back to back for 5 games in his last year I think you underestimate tbh. Rajab should of been top 30 (can play half way through season), Oloapu coming through, don't need Reynolds for the full season either. I mentioned all that before in my other posts but you glossed over that I guess. TLDR I would 100% take Reynolds for 50-60 minutes (worst case scenario, could play 80) and a back-up half on the bench or from another starting position over starting with Flanagan. I mean Averillo has no future in the centres so even playing him at "halfback" (shouldn't of been moved last time for Flanagan either).