Opinion Josh Jackson?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to admit got emotional seeing the retirement farewell to Josh Reynolds on Grand Final day. Wondering why Jackson never got a send off?

Thanks for the memories to both Josh Jackson & Josh Reynolds. Even though it wasn't recognised publicly, every Bulldogs fan knows how much Josh Jackson contributed to the club. Was a rep player in his prime and epitomised the Bulldog spirit. He would be a player that you would love to play with. When our club was in some of it's darkest years he kept turning up, you could never question his heart. One of the moments I will never forget is in his 200th game, you could see the whole team lift for him and despite the fact we were huge underdogs we won the game.

Josh Jackson - "that's what the Bulldogs is built off, toughness and resilience"

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my best guess would be if jacksons money is still on our contract/cap than chances are that until the final day of that contract he is still considered not retired. maybe next year he will get one

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Another Reynolds tribute?
F me it’s beyond a joke now.

I liked him but he’s had at least 8 tributes by my count. Not bad for a guy with one origin bench cos to his name

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should be in his ear to throw the boots on for one last season similar to grub. Be in the fringe of first grade but more so to be around the squad. We lack leadership, although the never experienced much success as a leader you could tell he was respected

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should be in his ear to throw the boots on for one last season similar to grub. Be in the fringe of first grade but more so to be around the squad. We lack leadership, although the never experienced much success as a leader you could tell he was respected
I would of given JJ 5 more seasons before giving that dud Reynolds 5 more games....

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I started a thread awhile back about the same thing:
I remember this thread very well and got such little backing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Jackson was turned off any retirement fanfare as a direct result of baring whiteness to the club used Reynolds and vice versa this year. I've never seen anything quite like the Reynolds debacle this year. It was relentless and absolutely outrageous and I hated every minute of it.

Jackson is a humble gentleman and true leader of man and would have felt ridiculous to take part in such happenings.

With no malice intended that's just not Reynolds way. He loves/craves every minute of attention and praise he can get his hands on which keeps him on screens and relevant. It's certainly not his ability to play rugby league that's kept him in the sport loooooooooooong past his used by date.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would of given JJ 5 more seasons before giving that dud Reynolds 5 more games....
It was an unfortunate set of circumstances that he was able to crawl his way back into the limelight this year.

Weak roster to begin with

He's a strong trainer

Rookie coach who would've known that it would be popular with fans if he played along with it.

He can tan the talk as anyone else out there such as "I bleed blue and white" "I have PASSION!!!" "I'm the prince of Belmore" "I will show these players what it means to be a bulldog"

Could go on and on. I miss JJ

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is only 32.

Tapau & Sharon are still going around. Jackson would 100 percent offer more than those two.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing I could see is while he was still giving everything he had on the field. Mentally he looked over carrying the duds who didn't put in the same effort.

If he came back in 24' he would at least have some senior pros around him to share the workload and take all of the pressure off him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember this thread very well and got such little backing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Jackson was turned off any retirement fanfare as a direct result of baring whiteness to the club used Reynolds and vice versa this year. I've never seen anything quite like the Reynolds debacle this year. It was relentless and absolutely outrageous and I hated every minute of it.

Jackson is a humble gentleman and true leader of man and would have felt ridiculous to take part in such happenings.

With no malice intended that's just not Reynolds way. He loves/craves every minute of attention and praise he can get his hands on which keeps him on screens and relevant. It's certainly not his ability to play rugby league that's kept him in the sport loooooooooooong past his used by date.
Please delete this and write a message PRAISING Josh and his PASSION and make sure you mention the word passion a lot, and book time in your calendar for a guard of honour.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You watch him in 2016, SOO posted by @BELMORE he had that D O W attitude every hit wasn't perfect but always in thier face.
I'm already trying to in instill JJs attitude into my boy and make him his clone.

My boys team is lucky as it has 2 hit men (my boy and his best mate) who love tackling and have a running comp between eachother who can make the more tackles and who can put the bigger hit on.

Exorcist Jnr won this year with his 2 try saving tackles over the line in the GF. If he let them in, we lose by 2, but we ended up wining by 10.

PS his injury count was only 2 this year, 2 poor bastards copped broken collar bones from him... both legal hits and what made me proud was he didn't leave the players side until they get helped off and was the first to clap them off.