Josh Jackson

Malla

Reaction score
Lots of fanfare for Reynolds, which I like to see but can’t help but feel for Josh Jackson, our captain and heart and soul for the club for many years and left without a whimper.

A miss from me by the club.
That’s just JJ in a nutshell mate. Low key. No fuss. He played that way too. He wouldn’t have it any other way.
As for Reynolds, it’s a bit different. He was born and bred in the area. Really special to have someone that loves Bulldogs this much play through (most of) his career here. It’s a damn shame he was forced out (thank you Des).

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is not a glory hunter. He fucked off when he needed too and put the team first.
He heard about the off season connection drills and realised ciraldo also has no idea. Couldn’t go through another season of torture so he retired. The only one at the club with vision!!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds had a few good years at the dogs and a young generation favourite. With no success over the last decade he has somehow become a cult figure with the fans in the club.

Thankyou for your time Josh but you are no where near a legend of this club. The fact that he gets put on a pedalstool is a good indication how bad a shape our club is in.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The Reynolds thing is beyond a joke now.
They are trying to manufacture him to be some Terry Lamb icon.

He is not worthy of constant praise. PR contract, social media fluff and the send Off with ‘Josh Reynolds hill’ and all dat.
He was just a solid average first grader even at his peak. Even at his peak playas yo in this site didn’t rate him all that much. I remember well. Go back to 2015 threads.

like this thread highlights, JJ was every bit a club legend if not more.
Jj never left us for the tigers/more money
JJ wasn’t photographed with a roosters jersey on.

I like Josh, but I find this all either attention seeking and overkill, or false manufacturing of an idol.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

He is not worthy of constant praise. PR contract, social media fluff and the send Off with ‘Josh Reynolds hill’ and all dat.
He was just a solid average first grader even at his peak. Even at his peak playas yo in this site didn’t rate him all that much. I remember well. Go back to 2015 threads.

I like Josh, but I find this all either attention seeking and overkill, or false manufacturing of an idol.
And one more ting yo,
What’s this rubbish about randomly retiring round 18? At least finish the season. This is like soem playground stuff.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson should of made himself available during the injury crisis.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson didn't want the fanfare, but he is not like your missus when she says she doesn't want you to buy her something. He is happier not having had to be the centre of attention, for the fans benefit.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they should have kept the Jackson send off till Belmore or the first Belmore game against west tigers

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Agree to an extent. Another great club man was Harlan Alalatooa, not much raw talent but just desire and effort. Reynolds was in this bracket too but just got a lucky break.

Plenty of players are great clubman and that's ok, but I agree the Reynolds thing gets abit much... Wish we just didn't fucking choke in 2012 and the whole view would be different

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should at least host a dinner night with him at the local kebab shop..

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I like all these comments.
I've been very critical of him since he came back but I do see some truth in the comment that the club has used him to an extent during this PR campaign to brighten the mood of all the disgruntled fans out there. And it seems to work the whole bulldogs fraternity went straight into sentimental overdrive following his teary press conference at HQ when he announced his retirement (it deflects from the present hardships)
The convenient thing I guess is there is no limit to how much self directed press JR would do. He would gladly have a send off party every week if he could.
I don't think he's arrogant or loves himself a whole lot but he does thrive off being on centre stage. He's been that way for years and years and realistically its helped drag his career in for allot longer than it should have.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And one more ting yo,
What’s this rubbish about randomly retiring round 18? At least finish the season. This is like soem playground stuff.
I think he had his heart set on playing A grade. He wanted to be on the fans TV screens etc... it was evident he was not going to get another game despite how awful the team is performing so it makes sense to me that he pulled the plug mid season. Hes an ambitious guy and getting knocked around, struggling in reserves is not how he wanted to bow out.