Josh Jackson

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lots of fanfare for Reynolds, which I like to see but can’t help but feel for Josh Jackson, our captain and heart and soul for the club for many years and left without a whimper.

A miss from me by the club.
I was 100% thinking this today. It is shit that he was given very little respect.

He was a quiet achiever and all business without any bull shit. One of my favourite all time dogs players and was as humble as they come.
A gentleman of the sport

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson is not a glory hunter. He fucked off when he needed too and put the team first.
Funny thing, watch out if you suggest that JR is a glory hunter of sorts most people on this platform can't hack it.

There's nothing humble at all about Renyolds he loves every bit of attention he gets and being on centre stage etc...

Not a personal attack against his character but it's just the way he is and always been.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lots of fanfare for Reynolds, which I like to see but can’t help but feel for Josh Jackson, our captain and heart and soul for the club for many years and left without a whimper.

Josh Jackson is the true heart & soul. Left without the fuss and fanfare. That is a true club man, a workhorse and defensive rock for many years, not looking for all the limelight.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds had the most dragged farewell. Jackson deserved it a lot more than this guy
That's what makes Jacko so easy to respect. He wouldn't think for a second he deserves any of these over the top gestures. In my mind I can't even picture him being carried off on the shoulders of his team mates, doing laps of the crowd and holding press conferences, talking to journalists constantly etc...

I miss Jacko, he was a tremendous tackler.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's what makes Jacko so easy to respect. He wouldn't think for a second he deserves any of these over the top gestures. In my mind I can't even picture him being carried off on the shoulders of his team mates, doing laps of the crowd and holding press conferences, talking to journalists constantly etc...

I miss Jacko, he was a tremendous tackler.
Leader of actions, not of talk and PR.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Timing is everything. He retired in the offseason when there weren't games or the same level of media attention to make it a fanfare. Reynolds did so mid season.