Opinion Josh Jackson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What do we do with Jackson moving forward? If Waddell can build on his game from last week at lock then I honestly can't see how Jackson starts there again this season. Is it time for Jackson to start off the bench? Is he going to spend some time at prop? I'm struggling to see where we get value from him over the next year or so?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The game is going past him unfortunately.
He's been a great servant to the club but unless he can start ball playing or offering more in attack then he'd be moving toward the bench.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Waddell maintains his form at lock while Jackson is out, he should stay there and Jackson should move to an edge this season as he's still our best defensive option there..

If Waddell doesn't play well, Jackson should start at lock and Waddell should be on the bench with either Smith, Doorey or Topine starting on an edge.

Moving forward, hopefully by this time next year Topine had stepped up and is starting lock or on an edge and ideally Jackson is a great bench middle forward for us for his last few seasons.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need an old head around. He might not be the most productive but he’s gotta be there in some capacity. Hoppa will be gone for sure next year. Captaincy though should fall onto someone else.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why was he one of our best player? Because he made a lot of tackles?
When no one is creating or finishing anything you're going to at least get a point (in a 3, 2, 1) a game here and there for that, yes. Jackson is 3rd in my 3, 2, 1's anyways, behind Thompson and Elliott. Jackson isn't the issue.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When no one is creating or finishing anything you're going to at least get a point (in a 3, 2, 1) a game here and there for that, yes. Jackson is 3rd in my 3, 2, 1's anyways, behind Thompson and Elliott. Jackson isn't the issue.
Jackson isn't an issue because you give him point sin the 321's? Lol okay.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson isn't an issue because you give him point sin the 321's? Lol okay.
I said he was one of our best players before getting injured. Panthers would of scored 40+ if he wasn't there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I said he was one of our best players before getting injured. Panthers would of scored 40+ if he wasn't there.
And I said why?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson will continue playing lock until his contract is up. Also before injury he was one of our best players.
Agree. He stuck with us through the all tough years and always gave 100% no matter how bad things got. I can’t think of any other player in the NRL who deserves success more than Jackson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And I said why?
I said making a lot of tackles and not missing anything, I already told you. He's solid, he isn't a ball player or a damaging ball runner. I think his leadership qualities are also underestimated. When the rest of the team/roster isn't good enough or doing their job I don't think Jackson is the player you should be pointing the finger at. I guarantee you Barrett is glad to have him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. He stuck with us through the all tough years and always gave 100% no matter how bad things got. I can’t think of any other player in the NRL who deserves success more than Jackson
That's totally irrelevant though. Jackson shouldn't start because people feel sorry for him or like him, he should start because he's offering more than anyone else in that role. I'm struggling to see what role he even plays for us moving forward and how we even get anything close to 700k value out of him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I said making a lot of tackles and not missing anything, I already told you. He's solid, he isn't a ball player or a damaging ball runner. I think his leadership qualities are also underestimated. When the rest of the team/roster isn't good enough or doing their job I don't think Jackson is the player you should be pointing the finger at. I guarantee you Barrett is glad to have him.
So he makes tackles? Wow lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't really care about that (yes you want him to succeed because of it), if he was shit or a liability I'd say so.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been saying for awhile now that Jacko needs to accept a Mitch Aubeson style role and accept his role. Bench player at best and can start in case of injury or suspension. Who knows, this may light a fire up him.