Social Media Josh Curran

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you may be looking to frame it that way, seeing as your previous comment about him wasn’t accurate.

But here is another view that is closer to the situation in NZ:-

“He could find himself a victim of the salary cap, as the Warriors have a number of young forwards they will be looking to bring into first grade on cheaper rookie deals and off the back of their successful season, a marquee signing addition to the pack is not out of the question either.”

“With captain Tohu Harris regularly also playing 80, there are even fewer minutes available off the pine for forwards and perhaps the Warriors felt they couldn’t justify his contract.”

“Curran did miss two games through suspension for his role in a bar fight last year.

Another deciding factor could be that the Sydney-born Curran seeks to return to Australia - at his age being closer to family is understandable and after sticking with the Warriors through Covid and returning to base himself in New Zealand, if he is not to be offered a new deal when his current one expires then an early return across the Tasman makes sense for personal reasons.

Curran has proven he would be a valuable addition to any NRL side looking to add impact to their pack, his ball in hand skills and positional versatility mean that he is unlikely to be looking for a new club for long.”

There are many reasons a player moves on from a club, and the above highlights a few of the possibilities in Curran’s case.
I was going to explain similar to @Nasheed but you’ve done a great job here mate .. nothing else to say ..

I’m at the point where I believe nasheed has a force field around her that accepts all forms of gossip and conspiracy theory’s and repels all forms of common sense and intelligence …

But that’s the way she likes it, it takes all kinds .. each to their own .. live and let live ..

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really hope we get this across the line, a really sneaky underrated player. Thought he was always a standout when i watched the Wahs.
Huge bonus he also wears headgear which will contribute to our growing headgear contingent :D
(Crichton, Mahoney, Burton, Wilson, Curran)

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Good player but not exactly what we need. He is best as a second rower/lock. We need props in particular ones that can make hard yards. D Saf is more of what we need. Saying that is a good player and would be happy if we can get this over the line.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good player but not exactly what we need. He is best as a second rower/lock. We need props in particular ones that can make hard yards. D Saf is more of what we need. Saying that is a good player and would be happy if we can get this over the line.
Cuz, Curran is definitely a player we need

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All effort player, has that dog in him, he was one of Warrior best a couple of years ago. I like him more in the middle and that's where he'd play for us if we signed him.
He is an absolute gun when attacking but has a few defensive issues which led to him being dropped to the bench. Would love him and he is only young.