JMK

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh we must have better options for lock in 22.
Sutton for one.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always loved JMK, but you all knew that.. for myself I like the fact he really puts 100% with pride every game, he has more potential than we see.his Effort can NOT be doubted. Just seems to lack the killer blow to make him a genuine 9. However He wants to be here , and is a bulldog in his own mind. Loyal as fuck too. BBO is a better option obviously,it’s just how it is. And next year reed pretty much takes the spot.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was pretty solid with some good darts and heads up play to hit Burns with the face ball down the short side for Okonbor try

BBO looked sharp as most are commenting but JMK had done the heavy lifting by that stage of the game not to mention he had to come back on and defend at left centre

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was pretty solid with some good darts and heads up play to hit Burns with the face ball down the short side for Okonbor try

BBO looked sharp as most are commenting but JMK had done the heavy lifting by that stage of the game not to mention he had to come back on and defend at left centre
Well said !!!

Malla

Reaction score
I'd rather not ever have to see him play again lol, his decision making is bad while his service is awful and easily worst in the game. He could probably do a job at lock but I'd like to hope we have other options by next season.
Hahaha I agree totally hence why I reckon lock might work. He has been signed for another 3 years hasnt he? lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hahaha I agree totally hence why I reckon lock might work. He has been signed for another 3 years hasnt he? lol
2, 1 being a PO.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is ok in broken play but I’ve seen him take a few direct hit ups one of the ruck and he gets driven backwards not lock material imo good depth player thou and the team seem to like him. He try’s very hard in D.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not that bad. He's a depth player. Could fill in at 13.

But I just wanted to highlight he had a good game. We won't see this from him much through the year.
You're right that he looks better as a runner and utility lock type role late in halves. But he's holding the team back as a hooker with his service and decisions. Things opened up as soon as BBO came on.

Malla

Reaction score
You're right that he looks better as a runner and utility lock type role late in halves. But he's holding the team back as a hooker with his service and decisions. Things opened up as soon as BBO came on.
100% - can already see the impact Mahoney will have with us.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those long balls Mahoney fires to the halves will make a massive difference for us.
Yeah several times last night by the time the Ball got to Burton he had like 3 players around him. He needs to get earlier ball and the slow service from DH is killing any opportunities, otherwise we need our backline to stand a little deeper, when in the opponents 20. I think one of the tactics the Cows had was to rush up on him and limit his options.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was horrible in the first half and turned it around in the second

However his biggest problem is he can’t pass at all and he stifles our attack in the opposition half. I don’t get how we always have a spine that has no idea how to past left to right or right to left. Look at even the Titans and their no.9 yday was far more talented than JMK

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those long balls Mahoney fires to the halves will make a massive difference for us.
It hurts watching those slow, lofty passes that are too high or behind the player. Gives the halves no opportunity to anything except take the tackle or push a bad pass.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mahoneys kicking game is brilliant too, time and time again he showed that against the Titans. Also he knows how to find the touchline and kick a 40/20.
Yh much better than JMK who ignores the half, goes himself and then kicks with his weak foot over the dead ball line :tearsofjoy: