Rumour Jayden Sullivan

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think he is .... not at the level that will win us a comp.

Canberra played a totally different brand of footy centered around Hodgkinson.

Moses defense isn't his strong suit for sure, but he has improved immensely and his attack more than makes up for it. Parra are nowhere near the GF without him.

Interestingly you don't seem to think Burton has any issues in that department or that he gets heavily targeted.
Burton was strong defensively the first half of the season and made several try savers and decent hits.. Plus who could forget him knocking the ball out of Moses' hands when he went to score. Burton was very poor the last half of the season defensively with some weak attempts. But he's a bigger body and it seemed more of an easy fix with him in regards to attitude and effort. Whereas Moses is willing but he'll always be a turnstyle because he's small and has bad technique.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
George Williams was not at the Raiders in 2019 lol. It was Seizer and Wighton in the halves that took em to the GF. Williams took them to a preliminary final in his first year but never a GF.
Sorry, you're right.. They went to the prelim the year before.. I forgot Sezer was halfback when they made the GF.

Williams is still a good half that I'd be happy to have over most options.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
George Williams was not at the Raiders in 2019 lol. It was Seizer and Wighton in the halves that took em to the GF. Williams took them to a preliminary final in his first year but never a GF.
Same shit took them to one game short of the grand final.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton was strong defensively the first half of the season and made several try savers and decent hits.. Plus who could forget him knocking the ball out of Moses' hands when he went to score. Burton was very poor the last half of the season defensively with some weak attempts. But he's a bigger body and it seemed more of an easy fix with him in regards to attitude and effort. Whereas Moses is willing but he'll always be a turnstyle because he's small and has bad technique.
Agree regarding Burton but i think it is technique related rather than attitude.

I don't agree Moses is a turnstyle .... far from it.

You don't play 200 first grade games, GF's and SOO if you are.

I would have no problem making him our highest paid player for 3 or 4 seasons from 2024.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re 2+ years from challenging for a title. Nothing wrong getting George and some top 8 finishes in that time while we build from within
I think we will be challenging from 2024 if we can land a top line halfback, a prop or two and an outside back.

Very achievable for a club like us.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely. Kids a gun.

I was only thinking this the other week when Munster re-signed. Storm have hughes and dilly bag locked in long-term and cant be left sitting in reggies for next 3 to 4 years.

His signature would be far more valuable the Sullivans.
Agreed.

What’s the go with Sullivan? Why’s he demanding a first grade starting spot? He’s looked pretty mediocre to me.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly have offered a $4m contract to Tom Flegler. We should be pushing for a release for Toafofoa Sipley and is their only prop off-contract. The man is a gun and has great footwork, for a massive and heavy guy like him.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons probably topped him up another $200k on his contract to withdraw the request.

Let's not forget Dragons released Burgess from the final year of his contract. Probably gave Sullivan that money as an upgrade.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dragons probably topped him up another $200k on his contract to withdraw the request.

Let's not forget Dragons released Burgess from the final year of his contract. Probably gave Sullivan that money as an upgrade.
They signed musgrove from tigers on overs.

Think more likely said he can force his spot as 7 and hunt to 9. Their hookers are shit

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think Flanagan can do a job for next season. We are skinny in the middle for next season. Rather chase a prop than a back up half. Though if injuries strike we could be fucked. BBO out long term with ACL. Wakeham not signed. Is Dockar Clay with the club next year? Though again, Reynolds and Brown could play halves if needed. Noted Brown playing half for Samoa this week. Seems like we have 50 players eligible for grade next year.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know people will say he's not ready but I'm confident Rajab will be our halfback at some point next season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly think Flanagan can do a job for next season. We are skinny in the middle for next season. Rather chase a prop than a back up half. Though if injuries strike we could be fucked. BBO out long term with ACL. Wakeham not signed. Is Dockar Clay with the club next year? Though again, Reynolds and Brown could play halves if needed. Noted Brown playing half for Samoa this week. Seems like we have 50 players eligible for grade next year.
This post won't go down well

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I rate Flanagans effort, especially defence. Just need more in attack.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree regarding Burton but i think it is technique related rather than attitude.

I don't agree Moses is a turnstyle .... far from it.

You don't play 200 first grade games, GF's and SOO if you are.

I would have no problem making him our highest paid player for 3 or 4 seasons from 2024.
Yep I agree he is not a turnstile, has improved in most areas this past year, imo Kikau would have destroyed many a half and some rated better than Mitch in that GF..I.E Munster, Reynolds to name a couple..I think against a dominant great team he stuck to his guns well

I'd like him here the $$$ it may take or overpaying is of some concern but if Gus and CC reckon he is the go I'm backing them..and also agree we make a GF first or second year he is here.

Hopefully there is something good being sorted for this deficiency.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is brown confirmed ?